Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do with all those free Meteor minutes?

• 22-08-2009 11:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

I like to consider myself "tight as a duck's arse", as my eloquent neighbour is wont to describe fiscally talented persons. So I left Vodafone last summer, where my monthly bill was @ €110, after they charged me the international rate for going to the Ulster Fleadh in Caisleán Uidhilín. Huh.

So here I am with Meteor. I'm on that Talk Anytime where I pay for 300 peak minutes per month. But I get unlimited calls to any number - landline or mobile - in the republic from 8pm until 8am Monday to Friday, and all weekend from 8pm Friday until 8am Monday morning. My monthly bill for all of this is a reliable €55. So much for Vodafone and its pitiful "offer" of only being able to ring 087 numbers.

However, I can't even use up the 300 minutes, never mind all these weekend minutes. It's still a far cheaper tariff than any other available so I'm staying with it. All my friends are saving a fortune too, although certain ones refuse to allow me ring them because they know it annoys me more when I can't use my minutes. Ah, the humour. But it is killing me just to not be able to use them.

So, any ideas on how to ease the pain of all these unused minutes and use them up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've a few numbers for some quare ones from Newry if you want a good time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Rebelheart wrote: »
    So, any ideas on how to ease the pain of all these unused minutes and use them up?

Call the samaritans, have a good chat with them.

Or share your phone with others who can use your minutes up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Rebelheart wrote: »
    All my friends are saving a fortune too, although certain ones refuse to allow me ring them because they know it annoys me more when I can't use my minutes.

Are you sure it's not just that they don't like you?

Sam Vimes wrote: »

Oi! That's mean. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Call vodafone customer care and share your exploits with them.

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »

I don't even know him and I don't like him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Fonejacker.

(you wanna buy dvd)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you think your bad I've got 3000 free 3 to 3 minutes a month and all my mates are on vodafone... Still not going to move, ill be ****ed if I'm going to give 120 a month just to call the muppets....

bluefinger wrote: »
    Fonejacker.

(you wanna buy dvd)

Doovda??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement