Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazzy - In the Well!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was a very pretty ending but it also very disappointing. Ir was just a huge anti climax of loads of pretty lights fighting a load of other different coloured pretty lights and then an ending that didn't end the game but kept it open with ambiguity not because it was clever in anyway but because the developer didn't know how to end the story that had kept turning into a worse and worse train wreck. It's a bit like lost really. Great idea and storytelling at the start but the writers obviously had no idea where it was going so decided to end it as ambiguiously as possible (I'll put money on lost having a ****ty ending).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I think there's only one way to sort this ;)

Jazzy, will you take Retr0 up on his challenge and turn up for a grudge match of SFIV against Retr0 this Saturday? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be hungover. Very hungover. See if you are a better fighting game player than a 4 year old or a girl :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

and i wont be hungover. cu@lan

in other news, I played Fight Night Round 4 yesterday. what a **** load of ass. LET ME USE BUTTONS PLEASE MR. DEVELOPER. YOUR "TOTAL PUNCH CONTROL" SYSTEM IS A SH!T LOAD OF ASS AND BARELY MAKES SENSE.
    such a retarded game

So those that mean you will be there? Need to know so I know whether to bring the fight stick with me to college tomorrow.

Some one bring a video camera, this could be epic!

• Advertisement

i reckon i will be. planning a sober enough weekend as i wanna go to the picnic so no friday night shinanigans for me

It's on like donkey kong!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Why 'Guile' as your avatar? Especially as people mainly know of your love of Quake / UT, Starcraft and DotA...

How does Street Fighter 4 compare to others in the series?

Why do you leave your computer on / logged in for when you come back after drinking?

Thoughts on the Premiership for this year?

What are your hobbies / activities outside of gaming?

How did you discover Boards.ie?

What 'ban' have you received that stands out most in your mind?

🤪

asked by Sabre0001

Why 'Guile' as your avatar? Especially as people mainly know of your love of Quake / UT, Starcraft and DotA...
    Because Guile is the man. I used to use him loads back in SF2 The World Warrior and he was my favorite SF2 character for a long time. None of the UT avatars or Quake ones really appealed to me and I didnt see many with Guile so I just picked him. + there is a glint in his eye that says "I rock"

How does Street Fighter 4 compare to others in the series?
    Loving it so far. I only really played SF2 on the snes and then MVC2 on the dreamcast, as well as Killer Instinct actually. But yeah, its great. Its fun, its fast, it has a high skill curve and it has appeal to all generations. What is not to like? I probably dont know enough about the technical details of why 3rd Strike or something is better, all I know is that I enjoy it just as much as I enjoyed SF2 back in 1993.

Why do you leave your computer on / logged in for when you come back after drinking?
    Haha, I normally leave something downloading or else am just too lazy. It makes for good fun when I come home though. Sure Ive gotten back and posted some dumb stuff on various websites, but I just look back and laugh a week or 2 later.

Thoughts on the Premiership for this year?
    Liverpool won't do as well as they did last year :/ I think its going to be between Chelski and Utd for the title with pool, arsenal & city competing for the 3rd and 4th spots. villa and everton probably won't do as well as they did in the past 2 years. I can see spurs in 6th and maybe a surprise package (like fulham last year) in 7th... possibly West Ham. I like what Zola has done there.

What are your hobbies / activities outside of gaming?
    All depends really. I do lots of reading and writing. Ive become a big comic fan in the past year and a half. I don't really watch that much TV, just a select few programs which I probably watch on the PC anyway (seinfeld rocks). I watch and read a lot of news and I like to keep up with current events. Im a bit of a nerd for that sorta thing (National Geographic and Time subscriptions yo). Love football too of course and am currently top of all my leagues in fantasy football :)
    Im out a lot of evenings hanging out with friends and getting up to mischief. Im lucky that I have quite a wide circle of friends so there is always something to do and always people up to no good. I want to try and get into tennis or some other sport this year and get a bit more active. All those years of HEGA will take their toll :o

How did you discover Boards.ie?
    Through my brother in fact. He has been a member here since 2000 and used to head up a lot of TFC teams back in the day. He told me about it when I first started playing UT2004 so I looked around the UT forums and various other ones and signed up. Then I found the LAN parties section as I went to nearly every LAN I could back then. After Hours and all the other forums werent really of any interest to me so I would mainly post in the games and LAN parties section, then I got access to soccer and that is a pretty decent forum... when it isnt being ruined by people with little or no idea on anything and all the perspective of a sheep in a field. That forum reminds me more of pro wrestling at times then anything else.

What 'ban' have you received that stands out most in your mind?
    hmmmm tough one this. Im currently banned from soccer for 6 months because I got 6 yellow cards, one of which was for asking someone if they like fishsticks and saying that Frank Lampard deserved a big mac meal after scoring a goal. That one is just annoying more then anything.
    The ban I got from unreal.ie for telling an admin to stfu was pretty funny. I was banned for a day and then the admin resigned, blaming me and my actions (I had the gall to start a clan) and the amount of drama created by a bunch of 30+ year olds over internet gaming teams really puts a lot in perspective.
    That one probably sticks out most as it made me look at internet 'authority' differently. It made me realise how easy it is to lie when you have a monitor and keyboard in front of you and how easy it is to type best intentions. I can tell who the nice people are easier and who is genuine. On the flip side, it is far easier to tell who is trying to fill a void of importance through the tips of their fingers onto the keys in front of them. There is a lot of sh1t merchants out there posing as important and posing as authority, but when it comes down to it... they are just really really bored :)

Advertisement