Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower enclosure advice please...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Eurorunner wrote: »
    Ok, can't make that work. I think the only other option is to centre a D shaped enclosure (similar to the one skingtile suggested earlier) along the wall where the bath is right now.

Wheres the best value to be had for this type of enclosure?

na you have 2 options because the D shapped option works out at 1000 euro with the tray. Its available from

www.imageshowers.ie

I would seriously think of builing that wall out the 4 inces think about it. All it would involve is secueing a decent bit of 2 x 4 or slightly bigger. it only has to be level because you can tile over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

na you have 2 options because the D shapped option works out at 1000 euro with the tray. Its available from
    www.imageshowers.net
    The one that skingtile linked to on the first page of the thread should workout at about €550 delivered...unless theres something wrong with it??
    I would seriously think of builing that wall out the 4 inces think about it. All it would involve is secueing a decent bit of 2 x 4 or slightly bigger. it only has to be level because you can tile over it.
    May not be clear from the photo but its adjacent to the doorway. Would have a piece of tiled wall jutting out alongside the door - i cant see that looking well?
    The other thing is that I wouldn't be handy enough to do this myself and I don't want to have to get another tradesman involved (which I would have to do).
    I thought that I would be losing space using the D shaped unit but the more I think about it, the more I think its a good use of space. Theres little left over anyways each side when its slotted in - and its in its own space between toilet and washbasin. With what I was trying to achieve before, there would have been little space between wb & shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks to everyone for their input here. Particularly skingtile for suggesting the d-shaped enclosure. I got one of these off ebay for €284 delivered. Has worked out well. Proper shower now with more space freed up. Heres a pic prior to regrouting. Got caught out a bit with tiles - although I ordered up exactly the same, they were a different tone to the originals.

Advertisement