Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Portfolio

Options
  • 22-08-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey Folks, i have ust updated my portfolio. still needs some work ie the flash page needs to be fixed as well as the contact form. What do ya think?
    Cheers
    A
    http://www.alanpower.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

On a purely typographic level, the site needs a bit of an adjustment. It's just my own personal opinion but I think how present type on a page is very important. The About Me and Latest Projects headings seem just a tad bit big. Also, it wouldn't do any harm to watch the character spacing on the bigger headings like 'Portfolio of Alan Power' etc.. Some parts just seem very squashed and tight.

Also in the bio, there is an ophan on the second paragraph(single word left on its own at the end of the paragraph. It's only a small thing but I'm just nitpicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

It's a solid portfolio. No doubt of that.

On the homepage:

I'd decrease the headers size
    Increase the line height
    Increase the spacing between the different elements (under "skill set", "projects" etc and also between the featured projects)

I'm not too sure about the footer. On my screen (1440x900) I can't see the footer when I initially land on the page, but when I scroll down it seems to ruin things. I've never seen a contact form like that before. Very cramped. Also the "Make Contact" on the footer is breaking the grid for me on Chrome XP.

All in all, quite good...just "breath" a little more.

Advertisement