Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Protrait C&C

• 22-08-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

If anyone had to time for C&C I'd really appreciate it for the following pics! Any suggestion on how to improve my technique? I realise when I was post-processing that I need to be careful about "cutting-off" hands and the like.

59BC2BCACF3A4862BE9F264A25C46819-800.jpg

48BDC9AD0F5E427FA26470DED8E9DB93-800.jpg

3. Focus is off and maybe the depth of field
    2AECFEF848AE45B8A72A36F8EE18F98F-800.jpg

4. New Bike
    239118CDB59B404AB41150D1B606F891-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

They are nice shots

2 quick tips

take loads of unposed shots, then pick out the appealing ones based on expressions.. better to zoom out slightly then crop during postprocessing

think about lighting (if you have an external flash, use a diffuser and experiment with bouncing it off walls/ceiling - for natural light think about the angle of the sun/shadows)

of course the usual tips about using small DOF to focus on the face, which is a tradeoff with using short shutter speed to capture play/movement, apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

The last 1 is really really good.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I don't like the colour in the 1st 2 shots, I'd include more Green in it on the colour wagon wheel (if you use or have it)

#4 Is really good, love the way you've isolated her from the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I'm no pro but I'll give me 2cent... ;)

#1 - I think the background is very distracting here. And she seems to be moving to the right and looking right, so I'd generally leave the space to her right for her to "move into".

#2 - I like it. The shot is very red as a whole though.

#3 - Looks to be out of focus.

#4 - Absolute cracker of a shot! Love it!

Advertisement