Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good GPS for Irish Backroads

Options
  • 22-08-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi,

so the mother keeps getting lost in here new town and i'm trying to get her a decent gps to stop this, i've tried Tom toms website route planning and it doesn't recognise most places we need.

I'm particularly looking for Cavan backroads.

All help appreciated.

Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If it's any help, Garmin units seem to have a genuine affection for roads with grass up the middle of them.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Best bet is go into PC world or Harvey Normans where the units are on display 7 browse the maps on the various devices.
    TomToms route planner is rarely up to dat with the latest map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

Something with Navteq maps would be best for backroads. Teleatlas (Tomtom) maps are very poor in rural areas, no townlands and roads are not always in the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Have a sat nav with Navteq maps and am very happy with coverage out in the sticks in west of ireland.

Advertisement