Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English

Options
  • 22-08-2009 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

I'm starting the Information and Library Studies Major with minor and I'm thinking of choosing English as my minor. Anyone done English and what is it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

English in first year is very group orientated. The two core modules are group orientated if they follow last years way. It is very interesting but can be impossible if you are in a group of difficult people. (lazy sods):D I didnt have this problem thank god at all. The optional modules are very interesting also. Childrens literature is a must, very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I REAAALLY want to do English!

But I would like to do politics too and they clash in arts.

Grrrrr

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I REAAALLY want to do English!

But I would like to do politics too and they clash in arts.

Grrrrr
    Wouldn't it be possible to do Politics in the first semester and then English in the second semester? But as you'd only be able to do 2 modules of each, this would mean doing both as minor subjects of course. The problem with this however is that you wouldn't be able to do both "Literature in Context" modules and therefore wouldn't have the choice to progress to stage 2 English. It's probably not advisable, but if you are really that desperate to do both you probably could - at least for first year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Wouldn't it be possible to do Politics in the first semester and then English in the second semester? But as you'd only be able to do 2 modules of each, this would mean doing both as minor subjects of course. The problem with this however is that you wouldn't be able to do both "Literature in Context" modules and therefore wouldn't have the choice to progress to stage 2 English. It's probably not advisable, but if you are really that desperate to do both you probably could - at least for first year. :D

The two subjects are on the same lines so you cant even do the proposed suggestion above. You can only pick one from each line.

Advertisement