Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACELS Celt certs: anybody else waiting?

• 22-08-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Anybody else waiting for their cert from ACELS for the Celt course?

I did it last January, and like everybody else on the course, I am still waiting for ACELS to send the cert out. I got a teaching job this summer through the school writing a letter confirming I had been awarded it. But it seems very odd that 7 months later ACELS has still not sent any of us our certificates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Rosita

I finished mine in May and got an email sometime after the 20th July saying that the school had applied for the certs. I handed in my teaching portfolio on 14th May and that was all that was left to be marked at that stage, so I'm not sure why it took until late July to send off for the Certs, and that's not to even consider the likely delay by the Dept of Ed.

It is ludicrous that you did it in January and had to get a letter instead of having the actual Cert in summer. At this rate I won't see my cert until next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Rosita wrote: »
    I finished mine in May and got an email sometime after the 20th July saying that the school had applied for the certs. I handed in my teaching portfolio on 14th May and that was all that was left to be marked at that stage, so I'm not sure why it took until late July to send off for the Certs, and that's not to even consider the likely delay by the Dept of Ed.

It is ludicrous that you did it in January and had to get a letter instead of having the actual Cert in summer. At this rate I won't see my cert until next year.

It's hard to explain alright. I would have lost it if I missed out on work opportunities this summer because of the absence of the ACELS certification. Did you get a letter to cover you for any teaching this summer at least? I got work but not enough to cover the full cost of my course. Still, it was great experience and at least I'll have the cert - in a not having it sort of way, as things stand - for years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Rosita

Dionysus wrote: »

Did you get a letter to cover you for any teaching this summer at least?

I didn't require it but we were told we could get it if required. I did a lot of private teaching during the summer and when I realised that it this would be quite regular for the few months I declined to apply to any schools. Obviously the experience of working in a school environment would have been good but I was happy enough to do what I was doing.

Advertisement