Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer from DIT to UCD

Options
  • 22-08-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi, I have recently received my Leaving Cert points and got 360. The course I wanted to do was Level 8 Mathematical Science (425) at UCD. I have been accepted on Level 8 Mathematical Science at DIT. I was wondering could I pass the first year and then transfer to UCD if I do well enough? They are both Level 8 and the exact same course. I have the subject requirements for UCD Mathematical Science which is B1 Leaving Cert Higher Maths. Therefore anyone who genuinely knows please can you reply. I would not mind completing my first year at DIT and then repeating the first year at UCD.
    Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

This might help: https://myucd.ucd.ie/programme_info/transfer.ezc#Progression From what I gather, I'm pretty sure you can transfer to UCD alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paddy54321

El Siglo wrote: »
    This might help: https://myucd.ucd.ie/programme_info/transfer.ezc#Progression From what I gather, I'm pretty sure you can transfer to UCD alright.

Thanks for your reply.

Yea, Ive checked there before. Those courses are Level 6/7 and soon as you finish you can progress and start the first year of the Level 8 course at an NUI college. I just want to know could I transfer if I get good grades in my first year, have the subject requirements but my points are lower than need for entry through the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just so you know, Mathematical Science in UCD has vacant places according to the CAO website. If you have the minimum requirements, try ringing them up on Monday.

Just so you know, Mathematical Science in UCD has vacant places according to the CAO website. If you have the minimum requirements, try ringing them up on Monday.

I have the subject requirement which is a B1 in Higher Leaving Cert Maths but I dont have the points. Would they still accept me?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah they might do, sure give it a go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I've known a few students who have completed first year in another university and then transferred to UCD to finish their degree. One student had completed 2 years of an Arts degree in UCC and then transferred to Arts in UCD, but had to come into 2nd year.

I think it also depends on your results, too.

The best thing would be to contact UCD Admissions and the relevant Programme Office and have a chat with them about it. It might also be an idea to take a record of the times and dates of the calls, not to mention the name of the person you talked with!

convert wrote: »
    I've known a few students who have completed first year in another university and then transferred to UCD to finish their degree. One student had completed 2 years of an Arts degree in UCC and then transferred to Arts in UCD, but had to come into 2nd year.

I think it also depends on your results, too.

The best thing would be to contact UCD Admissions and the relevant Programme Office and have a chat with them about it. It might also be an idea to take a record of the times and dates of the calls, not to mention the name of the person you talked with!

Thanks for the reply

Yea see thats what I want to do but I want to go from an IT to a University. When you say I think it depends on your results, do you mean Leaving Cert results or First year of degree results? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Your first year results :)

Advertisement