Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My ideal phone spec

• 22-08-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Considering I have two uses for my phone; practical uses, as in phone calls, SMS and email; and fun uses, as in music, video, camera, Facebook, Twitter. The likes of maps and calendar sit somewhere in between practical and fun.

So my ideal phone would have:
    1. The best in battery technology
    2. The best in signal connectivity technology
    3. Android 2.0
    4. Wifi
    5. A touchscreen every bit as usable and responsive as the iPhone
    6. 3.5 mm headphone jack
    7. Hard buttons that are completely customisable
    8. Full Bluetooth connectivity
    9. GPS

1. Battery tech -- I expect my phone to run a lot on Wifi and Bluetooth therefore I want a battery that can deliver.

2. Signal tech -- this should go without saying nowadays.

3. Android -- I am very excited about this Platform, especially seeing that I am a heavy Gmail/Google Calendars/Google Talk user. Also, Android Market is the only viable alternative to Apple's Apps Store.

4. Wifi -- with Android comes superb mobile web-experience. I don't want to pay for web access if there are free Wifi nets in the area so my phone MUST have Wifi connectivity.

5.Touchscreen -- where the iPhone leaves all other phones behind is the superb usability of it's touch screen; so responsive, so intuitive. I would buy an iPhone in a shot were I not so wary of Apple's closed and controlling systems.

6. 3.5 mm headphone jack -- I'll use what ever headphones I like, thank you very much. And make it a multi-jack so I can put a headset in there also.

7. Customisable hardkeys -- touchscreen is the business but hardkeys are still important and I want to be able to decide what they do. I especially wish to have my Music controls accessible on the hard keys; pause/play, next/last & volume. Why do I want this? Well, I want to be able to thumb the music off if I have my headhones on and the phone in my pocket.

8. Bluetooth -- I want to be able to have full PC connectivity by Bluetooth and full music control also on a Bluetooth headset.

9. GPS -- no point having Google Maps if I don't have GPS.

So what do the rest of you want?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

To be honest, I'd like an upgrade of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i; not the X2i, as it's not much of an improvement.

I'm happy with my X1i. I have SPB mobile shell, which makes things a lot easier, and I also use several other SPB features, like the today plugins, screenshot etc.

My update of the X1i would be as follows:

- 8 MP+ camera, Xenon flash, wide aperture lens, best optics available
    - 1080p video camera, high bitrate capable, multiple frame rates and file formats
    - Large, OLED, high resolution screen; bigger than the X1i's, possibly 4", but possibly same resolution (800 x 480) or maybe wider, like the LG BL40 (800 x 345)
    - Bigger and better keyboard; similar to the HTC Touch Pro/2
    - Tegra graphics processing; enables 1080p playback
    - Full 7.1 onboard HD sound capabilities
    - Mini HDMI port

Obviously the above is a wish list and may never happen.

Advertisement