Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you do anything about Climate Change

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

its the hippies who support environmental concerns who are the problem. no one wants to be associated with them.
    they should support big oil and fox hunting so normal people can oppose them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

skregs wrote: »
    its the hippies who support environmental concerns who are the problem. no one wants to be associated with them.

excellent point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭RobD_

people seem to be forgetting that countries , continents and Ireland are Islands.. yes ? We are currently floating on water (sea) , if you dig as far as you can into ireland underground, you will find water.

were floating :)

if sea level rise... we rise :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

RobD_ wrote: »
    people seem to be forgetting that countries , continents and Ireland are Islands.. yes ? We are currently floating on water (sea) , if you dig as far as you can into ireland underground, you will find water.

Errr...:confused:...we're surrounded by water not floating on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Actually water vapour is the biggest green house gas,its not that its 'drowning us'it's reflecting the infrared radiation emitted off the earths surface back down to earth thus heating the earth.
    Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Most people think that global warming is going to thaw the polar ice caps and it is the water from this that will rise the ocean levels. That ain't so. The big issue is that when water is heated, it expands, so the rising temp is causing the water to expand upwards, drowning us all. As more heat is in the environment, more water is evaporated into clouds, which means we get more rain, which is happening.

Things are happening quite quickly and we are a part of it. I still can't see why turning something off as opposed to leaving it on stand by makes any difference at all though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I do everything within my power to speed it along. The worlds fubar! What we need now is a good old fashioned global disaster to reset everything and put us back in our place. Best thing that could happen to human civilisation IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stephen_mch

skregs wrote: »

I agree. Damn Hippies

Mouthing off about things they know nothing about,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

in my opinion i have helped climate change,

by burning 1000 gallons of green diesel each day, and having 70 cows, is also a plus,

i also smoke,

great ,i think to be helping the enviornment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Pjays wrote: »
    Additionally, at the moment, there has been research highlighting how the introduction of China and India to the superpowers is leading to an increased demand for meat, which in turn is putting great pressure on supplies. There are too many people on the planet as well.

Obvious solution: Start eating people.

..are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

iv considered cutting back on my farting, but then what about spontaneous combustion??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

aDeener wrote: »
    iv considered cutting back on my farting, but then what about spontaneous combustion??:pac:

I'm pretty sure there is no correlation between farting and spontaneous combustion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

DigiGal wrote: »
    Smart arse replies aside for a moment(unless they are duurrty jokes)

Does anyone still care about his or is it just sort of fprgotten about.
    I'm not trying to be Bono here or anything(self-righteous fool, blah bla blah the poor but I'll ignore the homeless guys sitting behind my hotel)

But do you turn of your lights or you t.v etc.
    The world will be warming up by 2 degrees by 2012 which is going to have some pretty bad consequences(we can already see the effects of this now)
    Irelands carbon emmissions have actually gone UP since we signed the Kyoto agreement which is subjecting us to all sorts of fines....and Obama so far hasn't done any of his wonerful energy saving initatives, then i read in the Irish Times today that Airtricity aren't green at all!

So whats the story, are we just gonna keep killing the planet or what?

No conspiracies here please.....

I did my bit for the planet and bought an umbrella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Nolanger wrote: »
    It's just another rung in the ladder of environmental 'causes' that people fill their sad lives with - greenhouse effect -> ozone layer -> global warming -> climate change -> the next big thing!
    I had to add to your post.

greenhouse effect -> ozone layer ->Y2k Bug -> WWW -> global warming -> George W Bush -> Brian Cowan -> World Climate will now changed -> the next big thing!

y2k Bug & WWW -> caused extra emmisions for extra purchase of extra powerful energy hungry computers.
    George W Bush -> His Wars and his denials of Global Warming added to Climate change.
    Brian Cowan -> added his fair share of hot air and furious attitude just tipped the scales!! His idea of Green is Republican.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Best laughable post, that I have read all week. Thank you. Just like the 5 years old comments, So innocent.

Advertisement