Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Advert, what was it?

• 22-08-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about an old ad that used to be on the telly.

I think it was for cheese or milk or butter or something. But basically yer man was in a suit and was late for pickin up his date for what looked like the debs or somethin. So he was running and managed to get a bike, cycled there and arrived at the door. She walks down the stair in a dress and sees his trouser legs tucked into his socks. Cue, embarrased looks from him and a smile from her. End of ad. It wasnt a particular brand ad but more of an eat/drink butter/cheese/milk kinda thing.

If anyone knows this, good god let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slamman

I think it was milk. did the the milk man give them milk on the way home from the debs the next morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It was an advert for milk, but not a particular brand. "Milk. Its ****ing Awesome" or some such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I know what it is but i'm not telling you muahahahahahahaha :P

Edit/damn you people! Why isnt anyone evil like me?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It was an advert for milk, but not a particular brand. "Milk. Its ****ing Awesome" or some such.

Milk: It'll make her play touch mickey on your debs night so long as you keep your fool ass mouth shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

It was an ad for DrinkAware.ie;

you don't need to drink alcohol to have a good night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Yeah it was for milk, but your missing the end - they were walking home the next morning after the debs and meet the milkman, the lad asks for a bottle of milk and the milkman refuses to accept money for it. The lad and the girl kiss and both end up with milk moustaches. Ends with something like "Milk its a natural thing". Gave a quick look on youtube but couldnt find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Yeah it was for milk, but your missing the end - they were walking home the next morning after the debs and meet the milkman, the lad asks for a bottle of milk and the milkman refuses to accept money for it. The lad and the girl kiss and both end up with milk moustaches. Ends with something like "Milk its a natural thing". Gave a quick look on youtube but couldnt find it
    Im remembering that now yeah!

Now this was a milk advert :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

didn't find it...but i found this ad that i remember as being incredibly depressing.

ESB Ad

i may be getting it confused with that old Homestead ad though...remmber the really really bad quality one that just had 'Homestead, homestead, brings value hoooooome', or 'Homestead, homestead, ar teach an ti'...or something like that.

anyone find that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I remember that because the girl kissed that fella and got a milk mustache and I wondered if yer man had giver her a pearl necklace too

• Advertisement

ottostreet wrote: »
    didn't find it...but i found this ad that i remember as being incredibly depressing.

ESB Ad

i may be getting it confused with that old Homestead ad though...remmber the really really bad quality one that just had 'Homestead, homestead, brings value hoooooome', or 'Homestead, homestead, ar teach an ti'...or something like that.

anyone find that one?

Jasus i havnt seen that in ages, is that Alan Hughes from TV3 in it??:eek:

Found that other add too for homestead:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I used to always think it was

"Homestead, Homestead, Ag teach Cúnty"

I always wondered what a cúnty house was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

ESB Ad

anyone find that one?

Now I'm depressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Jasus i havnt seen that in ages, is that Alan Hughes from TV3 in it??:eek:

Found that other add too for homestead:
    http://www.retrotvads.com/2008/18/11/homestead/

what the hell is that? 'OK, Mrs McGuire?' 'Yes, fine thanks'! PMSL

Quazzie wrote: »
    I used to always think it was

"Homestead, Homestead, Ag teach Cúnty"

I always wondered what a cúnty house was.

I think it was "an teach chun tí" - "from house to home"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I think it was "an teach chun tí" - "from house to home"
    Was it not "Ag teacht chun tí" ?
    the english version was brings value home, always assumed they dropped the word value and just said "coming home" in irish. Im probably wrong though.

Jammyc wrote: »
    Was it not "Ag teacht chun tí" ?
    the english version was brings value home, always assumed they dropped the word value and just said "coming home" in irish. Im probably wrong though.
    probably, that makes more sense.
    I still cant find the first milk ad:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The world took a turn for the worse after that ad

what i find surprising is that...im only 21, and yet remember all these ads...how long did rte show them for?!

• Advertisement

what i find surprising is that...im only 21, and yet remember all these ads...how long did rte show them for?!

So am I, they must have been on during Bosco or something. Remember this one?

So am I, they must have been on during Bosco or something. Remember this one?

no..i dont! at all!

a month of sundays is only 4 sundays. thats not really all that much time to be honest.

no..i dont! at all!

a month of sundays is only 4 sundays. thats not really all that much time to be honest.

We use always tease my dad about when he was asked to fix things. This thread does make me feel really old. Maybe i just watched too much tv when i was younger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

That guy used to scare the sh!t out of me when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

ESB Ad

Ahh no, I loved that ad. Always made me wonder why my mammy never smiled lovingly making the dinner, and was told to gtfo of the kitchen instead. Mind you- he'll wipe that smile clean off her face when he tells her he doesn't want stew anymore, he prefers toad in the hole ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

was the irish version of the homestead not 'homestead, fiuntas* ag teacht chun ti'.?

*may not be the actual word but whatever the irish for value is.

Could be wrong but nearly sure the irish version only had one 'homestead' in it

Abigayle wrote: »
    Ahh no, I loved that ad. Always made me wonder why my mammy never smiled lovingly making the dinner, and was told to gtfo of the kitchen instead. Mind you- he'll wipe that smile clean off her face when he tells her he doesn't want stew anymore, he prefers toad in the hole ;)

ah you brought back insane girl...thank you! i still prefer avril though.

back on topic. the tagline i believe was 'Milk...its magic'.

im having awful trouble. looking up national dairy council ads and everything...no luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Or the old Aer Lingus ad even though I was about 6 or 7 at the time and wasnt planning on flying anywhere my bike could take me.

Advertisement