Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of WW1 KIAs from Tipperary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭enfeild

That list only has 951 Tipperary men on it. 'The Tipperary War Dead' book published by Nonsuch last November has all 1395 names of these unfortunate men including all existing newspapers articles about them, burial details etc. 75 of them were in the Dublin Fusiliers.
    Regards.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

Wasn’t aware that it was incomplete . I didn’t buy the book but had a good look through it in a shop and looks good . There is a new one just published with the same format about the Wicklow war dead .

The Wicklow War Dead (ww1 and ww2)was published in June. The Wexford War Dead ( ww1 only)will be published in November. The Offaly War Dead ( ww1 only, 647 casualties) will be published in February. Three ongoing ones are Waterford (almost finished, 1,100 casualties, ww1 only), Laoise and Clare. I know that the Cork book/s are almost ready for publication and has over 3,600 casualties. Written and compiled by a group of 12 people and funded by the Council from what I hear/
    I am happy to do lookups from Wexford, Wicklow,Tipperary, Offaly.
    Regards.
    Tom.

The 'The Tipperary War Dead' page on the net ( not the Nonsuch Book, no connection) is mainly taken from a book of famous Tipperarymen by Martin Dwyer also knows as 'Bob' Dwyer because his people took the Kings shilling and also known as the Butcher Dwyer as they were butchers. Most of the data used to compile in it is taken from SDWG. Martin is a nice fella and is always happy to help. He runs the Cashel Folk Village which has a very good IRA and Volunteers room as well as lots of other displays in his museum. Its worth a visit.
    Regards.
    Tom.

Advertisement