Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhones have killed the pub quiz

• 22-08-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

Every fecker with one has wikipedia at their fingertips now. I was at a pub quiz on Thursdays and it's emdemic people. There's going to have to be an iPhone embarogo with a strict stop and search policy in order to save things.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Why just the iPhone? Most modern phones have a web browser on them?

:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

People who cheat on pub quizzes should be run out of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

People who cheat on pub quizzes should be banned from all pubs in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

People who cheat on pub quizzes should be run out of the country.

People who cheat on pub quizzes should be taken out the back and shot.

People who cheat on pub quizzes should be taken out the back and shot.

People who cheat on pub quizzes should be held down and pee'd on a little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I run quizzes all the time and basically I just have to make them google proof. Picture rounds...video rounds...audio rounds...these rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

so what its there fault....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

...these rounds
    I've seen these before, how are they made??

photoshop or something i suppose. If you've been to a quiz in waterford you've probably seen them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

photoshop or something i suppose. If you've been to a quiz in waterford you've probably seen them.
    Or any quiz in the country? I've seen them same "manipulated" screenshots so many times I could name them easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

In my local when they do a pub quiz, all the players have to hand in their mobile phones for the duration of the game now because everyone was cheating before. It's stopped most of the cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

people who cheat on pub quizzes should be taken outside and forced to eat poo

basquille wrote: »
    Or any quiz in the country? I've seen them same "manipulated" screenshots so many times I could name them easily.

First off, I was just saying cause I'm in Waterford and so was the other poster. Secondly, there are hundreds of rounds on that website so I don't think you'd spot them that easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

They must be made using other shots when the camera angle changes aswell because the all have the exact background, textures, lighting etc. right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Only a pathetic sad bastard would go to the effort of cheating to begin with, especially on a pub quiz. It's for fun, not for cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

El Siglo wrote: »
    Only a pathetic sad bastard would go to the effort of cheating to begin with, especially on a pub quiz. It's for fun, not for cheating.

Some people must win at all costs though. People are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Ive recieved a fair few texts over the last couple of years from people who are at quizzes asking me the questions, i usually write back really quickly with the wrong answer telling them im 100% sure and all that lark. they then trust me and keep texting me for answers, nice wrong answers :D cheating hoooers! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

People who cheat on pub quizzes should be held down and pee'd on a little.

People who cheat in pub quizzes should have their pint pissed in a little, not enough that they realise but enough that they have a bad aftertaste and a niggling doubt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

People who cheat on pub quizzes probably need to.

spurious wrote: »
    People who cheat on pub quizzes probably need to.

Why would anyone NEED to cheat in a pub quiz? It's a pub quiz. It's not life or death is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

People who cheat in pub quizzes should be sat at the back of the oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

People who cheat in pub quizzes should be made hand over their mobile/iphone to be destroyed.... that will teach them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Phones were providing cheating opportunities long before the web reached them, with people sending text messages to friends who know all about that stuff regularily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I can never win at quizzes, never watch soaps.
    Any girls wanna join my team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tarbuck

Invigilators is the answer! Pay some piss poor grad student a twelveth of a pittance to walk around the pub keeping an eye on everyone. Have another one in the jacks to watch people when they're taking a wee-wee.

We will get out pub quizzes back!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

People who cheat at pub quizzes should be made have the latest chart hits as their ringtones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

tarbuck wrote: »
    Invigilators is the answer! Pay some piss poor grad student a twelveth of a pittance to walk around the pub keeping an eye on everyone. Have another one in the jacks to watch people when they're taking a wee-wee.

We will get out pub quizzes back!! :mad:
    I invigilated the Leaving cert in 2008, the pay was great and I robbed tons of biscuits

Good times :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Yea, make the cheaters eat poo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

People who cheat at pub quizzes are bad at quizzes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

phasers wrote: »
    I invigilated the Leaving cert in 2008, the pay was great and I robbed tons of biscuits

Good times :o

Robbing the biscuits is as bad as cheating on a pub quiz. Shame on you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why would anyone NEED to cheat in a pub quiz? It's a pub quiz. It's not life or death is it?

No, unless you don't know the answers.

How many feathers on a shuttlecock?
    15, or no, maybe 16...or maybe that's the number of whacks of the axe it took to chop off her head.
    Whose head?
    I can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

People who cheat on pub quizzes should be slathered with honey and fed to ants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Well, when the first prize is a €60 tab then it comes down to who can search the fastest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

People who cheat at pub quizzes should be disqualified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Hanging is too good for people that cheat in pub quizzes.

It's a good kick in the arse they need!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hate the numerous ****ers who think it's cool to come last to prove how ''Cool'' they are.

**** 'em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Every fecker with one has wikipedia at their fingertips now.

The definitely won't win any quizzes if they are depending on that festering heap of junk for info anyways!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

how about some trick questions that only googlers could get right , like question 4 in every round

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Every fecker with one has wikipedia at their fingertips now. I was at a pub quiz on Thursdays and it's emdemic people. There's going to have to be an iPhone embarogo with a strict stop and search policy in order to save things.

just wonderin where thequiz was you where at?

Advertisement