Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Ring

Options
  • 22-08-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

A friend of mine lost a ring in the city centre on Wednesday. She reckons she was somewhere between Lynchs Castle AIB on Shop Street and the Connacht Tribune offices on Market Street..

It's old, and it's white gold and diamond in quite an elaborate setting. It was in a brown envelope.

If anyone has found anything, or knows anyone who has found something similar, could you please let me know.

Thanks.

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ooh bad luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Just a quick bump after the weekend.

88938.JPG

There is also a reward offered for its safe return!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Might it be worth while putting the word out to some of the 'street gentlemen drinkers'? This may be a daft idea but a pal of mine lost a necklace in Cork and mentioned it to the al fresca wine drinkers. They went a hunting with promise of a reward and lo and behold a day later she got it...whether they found or had it, she didn't care, and they got 30 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

A dastardly plan. It's so mad that it could work. Although the longer it goes, the lesser the chance of getting it what street cleaning taking place in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I hope you find it. If it was in an envelope when it was lost there's a good chance it may have been swept up as rubbish. Is there any way that you could find out where the rubbish was dumped? If it was a large envelope there might be a small chance of finding it. I wouldn't envy your friend the task but if it's valuable it might be worth a try.

EDIT : sorry. I didn't realise it was lost last Wednesday. That kind of negates my suggestion as it's probably too late now. Good luck with it anyway and I hope you get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

inisboffin wrote: »
    Might it be worth while putting the word out to some of the 'street gentlemen drinkers'? This may be a daft idea but a pal of mine lost a necklace in Cork and mentioned it to the al fresca wine drinkers. They went a hunting with promise of a reward and lo and behold a day later she got it...whether they found or had it, she didn't care, and they got 30 quid!

Epic idea. :cool:

@ Inisboffin; great plan!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Unfortunately there's been no sign of it yet, but fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that she gets it back.

I made a mistake in the OP.

It was Friday this happened, not Wednesday like I said.

Sometimes I have to wonder where I put my brain!

Fey! wrote: »
    I made a mistake in the OP.

It was Friday this happened, not Wednesday like I said.

Sometimes I have to wonder where I put my brain!

Probably the same place as your friends ring? That sounds like an ingenious plan though - the bums should really start up their own business!

• Advertisement
Advertisement