Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shops in Dublin sell nice dresses?...urgent

Options
  • 22-08-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Im wondering if anyone can help me. I have been invited, last minute, to a dinner dance this coming tuesday evening. Its for a big event and my ex-boyfriend is going to be there, and I want to find an amazing outfit that I can wear that will really impress him.

I have hardly any time to spare and I need to find somewhere in Dublin that sells really unique glamourous dresses without being too OTT, with nice shoes and an overcoat to go with it.

Is there any nice clothes shops in Dublin someone could recommend for me to go where I can get all this, preferably all under one roof?

What shops in Dublin sell nice dresses? Somewhere you're more or less guaranteed to find a nice going-out dress?

I need a dress thats different, pretty, and chic, any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Maybe the third floor of Debenhams, lots of formal dresses there. Or if you wanted too make the trip to the Kildare Village Outlet you could pick up a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'd say try Debenhams also, or perhaps Pamela Scott. House of Fraser or another department store. What is your budget? Fran and Jane have nice stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

go to dundrum and try house of fraser, pamela scott, karen millen, lipsy, harvey nicholls and coast.
    you'll definately get something there!!
    happy shopping!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alabamawhurley

Try Lara in Dame Lane (just of Dame street) They do lovely glam evening gowns:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Debenhams have some beautiful dresses at the moment.

I got a lovely dress in Monsoon last week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Id try to avoid debhmans or monsoon for big events as your more likely to wear the same oufit as someone else!

Try smaller boutiques!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Warehouse usually have stylish evening dresses. Remember looking great is more about finding an outfit that suits you than buying the most expensive dress you can find. I always recommend TK Maxx too for almost everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sidelines

What would your budget be? If you are trying to avoid something that others would have would recommend some of the smaller boutiques

- Fran & Jane (in Blackrock and behind the Westbury)
    - Nijou on South Anne Street
    - TK Maxx is always a winner
    - Helen MacAlinden, Castle Market
    -Costume, just opposite, nice but very spenny

• Registered Users Posts: 29 redgp

I would recommend Lara Boutique in Terenure. I always go there if I'm stuck and I find them very helpful. Also the Karen Millen store in Dundrum. The girls are lovely there and would be happy to help kit you out! If you want something unique avoid debenhams.

Advertisement