Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communal Hallways

Options
  • 22-08-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

can someone please tell me what the law is for communal hallways.

myself personnally i would have thought they would have to be kept clear as it would be considered a fire exit,but i could be wrong.

i have asked would the very large item be moved, was told it would be thought about nut nothing has changed.kinda getting pissed off and dont want to start a fued,but if i have to, so be it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

can someone please tell me what the law is for communal hallways.

myself personnally i would have thought they would have to be kept clear as it would be considered a fire exit,but i could be wrong.

i have asked would the very large item be moved, was told it would be thought about nut nothing has changed.kinda getting pissed off and dont want to start a fued,but if i have to, so be it

Does it hinder you getting to and from your room or does it do so to anyone else? If it does then it is required to be moved because of risk in an emergency situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CyrildoSquirrel

Evolute wrote: »
    Does it hinder you getting to and from your room or does it do so to anyone else? If it does then it is required to be moved because of risk in an emergency situation

it does its a house that has been converted into 2 flats,it does get in the way i have the bruise on the side of leg to show it fell on me. the main problems are..IT IS NEVER USED and THEY HAVE 2 BEDROOMS. while i only have one.

i would like it to stay as civil as i can,but i feel they are being antogonistic about it and that is starting to boil my blood

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Do you own the property in which you live or is it rented? If you own it, I would've thought there'd be a clause under the Deed of Transfer that would deal with stuff like that. If you rent - I'd get onto the landlord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CyrildoSquirrel

Do you own the property in which you live or is it rented?

it's rented
    I'd get onto the landlord.

well I didn't want to have to get the landlord involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Hmm, seems it's against the law, but please let me google it for you to make sure...

http://tinyurl.com/l6j8bz

Yep, highly illegal. If I were you I'd either get onto the landlord to let them know of this or get onto them directly and let them know yourself. Surely they'd move it straight away if they realisewd it was a fire hazard?

• Advertisement
Advertisement