Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC build after old one blew up, cheap, what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What are you doing with this build? Seems pretty expensive IMHO - looks more like a gaming rig minus the graphics card! :confused:

That mobo looks mucho overkill on a non-gaming rig. Hell, the CPU and RAM do too! And that mobo has no onboard video. You need a graphics card, or a different mobo (G4x for Intel), or both.

A basic non-gaming, non-OCing HD-capable kit should cost around €200 shipped (from HWVS no less!). Beyond that the only limits are budget and requirements - an office or HTPC don't need heaps of processing power. Hardcore coding or graphics or CAD, etc. are another story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LeotCol

I would be doing some gaming on it though. So I just need a graphics card then and it'd be ready?

Its just I want a really good computer because I don't want to have to wait for the computer to start up or anything. I want it fast as possible. I do some movie editing and have a lot of music files too. I need something that can handle multiple programs

Well since I'm going to need a graphics card in my rig and I don't have that much money left to spend I'm going to go for this graphics card

Its cheap and should do the job nicely

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=460397

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

LeotCol wrote: »
    Well since I'm going to need a graphics card in my rig and I don't have that much money left to spend I'm going to go for this graphics card

Its cheap and should do the job nicely

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=460397
    You won't be doing much gaming on a 4350.

• Advertisement

This is just a temporary solution really while I get it built, and then when funds are back up I'll add another graphics card.

The moBo supports crossfire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

for some sort of chance of gaming ur better of with this if you went for the 8400 link i gave u you would save nearly 50 quid the price of this card http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=449797

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Get one of these and you probably wouldn't need a second card.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You're much better off getting a cheaper CPU and mobo and getting a reasonable graphics card now rather than later.

For example, your first list came to €400 shipped, without any graphics. For €420-450 shipped both Komplett and HWVS can get you a X3-720BE CPU, a cheap but good AM3 mobo, 4GB DDR3 (1333MHz CL6 or 1600MHz CL9) memory, a good-brand HD4850 and a Corsair VX550W PSU. Plenty for heavy 1650*1080 gaming and the third CPU core will be handy outside gaming. Plus its more futureproof to boot :)

Advertisement