Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 days ago i was eligible for free fees, today my UCD SIS says i owe 7k????

Options
  • 22-08-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

i logged in 2 days ago and under my fees section over 5k had been deducted as a HEA payment and today it says my tuition fee is over 5 and i now owe 7k including the other fees. I am eligible for free tuition so whats changed the past 2 days?. A grant wont cover this will it?. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

pseudo_23 wrote: »
    i logged in 2 days ago and under my fees section over 5k had been deducted as a HEA payment and today it says my tuition fee is over 5 and i now owe 7k including the other fees. I am eligible for free tuition so whats changed the past 2 days?. A grant wont cover this will it?. :eek:

More details are required for an appropriate answer, are you a returning undergrad e.g. erasmus, deffered entry etc... these are details we need for answer, not dramatic statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

i'm a mature student with no 3rd level history, applied for a grant but have heard nothing back yet. I am eligible tho. I dont live at home with my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

There was meant to be a problem a few days ago with the system:confused:
    Maybe its connected?

i hope so cos i cant afford to pay that. I've already paid my 157.50

i hope so cos i cant afford to pay that. I've already paid my 157.50

Check the system again, come back and let us know how it goes.

• Advertisement

i may have figured it out, in the survey section with the question 'have you lived in ireland or an EU member state for 3 of the past 5 years, i had 'no' selected so i've switched that now but still says i owe 7k, hopefully it gets updated!. I assume thats what was wrong........:rolleyes:

i may have figured it out, in the survey section with the question 'have you lived in ireland or an EU member state for 3 of the past 5 years, i had 'no' selected so i've switched that now but still says i owe 7k, hopefully it gets updated!. I assume thats what was wrong........:rolleyes:

Contact UCD (i.e. the student desk) and check with them, tell them you made a mistake, do this as soon as possible.

i did this, i also edited this on my online registration. Hopefully the changes will take effect automatically, if not the email should work. I'll bring it up at orientation for mature students next saturday. Thx for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

one of my mates was born in Bermuda and said that in the survey but his lived here all his life and his a full irish citizen and it said he owed 7 grand, he never paid it and told them and it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Hmmm, mine is now showing as payable when it wasn't a few days ago

I'm also a mature student starting this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mick T

hey there
    i had exactly the same problem and i rang up the grants and fees section in ucd and the guy told me they had a glitch on there computer, which was where you entered that you were an eu student online it was showing with them that you are non eu, and so the 7k euro should come down! so just give them a ring to make sure!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Mick T wrote: »
    hey there
    i had exactly the same problem and i rang up the grants and fees section in ucd and the guy told me they had a glitch on there computer, which was where you entered that you were an eu student online it was showing with them that you are non eu, and so the 7k euro should come down! so just give them a ring to make sure!;)

Well thats good news! I emailed them last night but i think i might ring them now

i tried rining, its all automated. I enquired by email about the fees and this is the response i got:

There is a link to activate ‘free fees’ when you are registering.

I cannot find this link anywhere on my UCD sis, and i can't login to my UCD connect with my cao number/date of birth. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mick T

i tried rining, its all automated. I enquired by email about the fees and this is the response i got:

There is a link to activate ‘free fees’ when you are registering.

I cannot find this link anywhere on my UCD sis, and i can't login to my UCD connect with my cao number/date of birth. :confused:

ah yeah i had the same problem myself but i managed to get around the automation part here,http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/contact.htm when you look at the student support number just take off the last 4 digits and then add any of these numbers to get a direct line :Dhttp://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/contact.html
    hope this works out for ye!
    all the best

Advertisement