Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed problem with eircom

Options
  • 22-08-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi just updated my 3mb eircom broadband to 7mb but my speed is blocked at 5,120kbps.When I had 3mb my speed was blocked at 3,072kbps.Is that a mistake by eircom or is there a reason for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

We need to see your stats before we can say yes or no.

Go to troubleshoot
    and stats

Your looking for Att and snr

But its UP TO 7Mb
    And most likely your make sync is 5Mb, What speeds do you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Deja Vu

Calebmcd wrote: »
    We need to see your stats before we can say yes or no.

Go to troubleshoot
    and stats

Your looking for Att and snr

But its UP TO 7Mb
    And most likely your make sync is 5Mb, What speeds do you get?

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 5120 384
    SN Margin (dB) 14.00 19.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 44.00 22.50
    CRC Errors 358 14

I usually get around 4.50mbs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Not a 7.6mbit line more like a 3mbit one with 44db attenuation .

How far from the exchange and what happens the stats if you disconnect EVERYTHING from the line including filters and plug modem straight into main socket with all other gear disconnected fully ?????

Not gross misselling if you get a stable 5mbits with few crcs but if you get a lot of crcs it will 'feel' like 3mbits .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TheDeficit

call them up, when they first hooked me up they set up my top speed at 4mb, the guy on the phone later said he had no idea why they did that. my line attenuation is 45db and my speed is now set to 7168, the actual max speed i get is just over 6mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Deja Vu

TheDeficit wrote: »
    call them up, when they first hooked me up they set up my top speed at 4mb, the guy on the phone later said he had no idea why they did that. my line attenuation is 45db and my speed is now set to 7168, the actual max speed i get is just over 6mb.

Thanks.I will ring them up monday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

is it an ADSL2 exchange though , they can handle noisier lines ???

Advertisement