Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless USB Adapter

Options
  • 22-08-2009 5:15pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having had a bad run of Phillips Wireless USB Adapter, does anybody have any recommendations on another brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

Hey Sully,

I've used a couple of the Belkin ones from pc world and they seem to do the job without any major problems.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=459648

Is what I've used.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

€80 a tad steep for a USB adapter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

There is a couple of the low end ones as well. I used them for a couple of places where I had no choice but to use wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

I just got the Buffalo WLI-UC-G300HP adapter for N, works great.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

roryq wrote: »
    There is a couple of the low end ones as well. I used them for a couple of places where I had no choice but to use wireless.

Wonder would it be cheaper online then PCWorld. Hrm..

Some_Person: Looks good, but lack of cradle is the downside. Its why im going with the USB adapters as the PCI slots are hidden at the back so poor signal coverage :/

Cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

dabs.ie, even after a delivery charge of ten euro, are cheaper than PC World.

http://www.dabs.ie/category/networking-and-communication,network-devices,interface-cards/11175

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

What are your needs Sully, just G or N as well? Linux support, or just Windows?

Amalgam wrote: »
    What are your needs Sully, just G or N as well? Linux support, or just Windows?

G support, not using N. Windows machines only. :)

Advertisement