Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

escape past boiler house door

• 22-08-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

at present designing a private dwelling with a situation where the escape route (via front door) will pass by a boiler house door (externally).

I cant find in the regs if this is possible?

ideally the boiler door would be a slatted timber door (ventillation of boiler area) but this may create a fire hazzard and especially so if this is on an escape route.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

davele wrote: »
    at present designing a private dwelling with a situation where the escape route (via front door) will pass by a boiler house door (externally).

I cant find in the regs if this is possible?

ideally the boiler door would be a slatted timber door (ventillation of boiler area) but this may create a fire hazzard and especially so if this is on an escape route.

There is nothing, to my knowledge, in any of the regs to say this cannot be done. Is the front the only place the boiler can go?

I did see a fire supression system attached to the ceiling of a boiler house where the house had gone through a change of use to guest accomodation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davele

thanks tom,

its already built so no changes will occur there.
    My dilema is should it be a fire resistant door or not-
    where-as boiler hse. doors are normally slatted-
    if this is so it will have no fire resistance.

for safety I will make it a door with fire resistance and
    ventillate the boiler hse. through an alternative means.

regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

davele wrote: »
    thanks tom,

its already built so no changes will occur there.
    My dilema is should it be a fire resistant door or not-
    where-as boiler hse. doors are normally slatted-
    if this is so it will have no fire resistance.

for safety I will make it a door with fire resistance and
    ventillate the boiler hse. through an alternative means.

regards

If the room is properly ventilated and the door/walls are of proper fire resistance construction then it should be ok.

Advertisement