Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No air-con so clubbers will drink more!!!

• 22-08-2009 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any laws/health and safety to make club owners turn on their air-conditioning.

The nightclub in my town always lets in over 450+ people (even though it can only hold 300) and their new thing over the last couple of weekends is to turn off the air-con. People are sweating and there for drinking more from the bar. A number of my friends asked for it to be turned back on (it was like being in a sauna, people were sweating really bad) only to be laughed at by bouncers and even the manager with a reply like "you may sweat it out from now on haha".

Anyway was wondering if there is any law against this sort of thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tarbuck

Why are laws always *against* stuff? There should be a law *for* sweating in a nightclub, just to mix it up a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Sweaty punani, drroooolllss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

Simple solution... just don't go there. Clubs are shit anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'd be more worried about the overcrowding bit tbh.

Also, if it's so uncomfortable, don't go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lovem

Its a small town so that is the only club there as the other got shut down , the next closest one is €40 in a taxi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

j1smithy wrote: »
    Simple solution... just don't go there. Clubs are shit anyway.

This man has got it right. Overcrowded, deafening, expensive hellholes of places, that's what nightclubs are.

On topic, that is quite the horrid move. Nice to see such contempt from those who work there too. That'll bring people back,eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

Get all your friends round for house parties instead.

Also, if you're hot and sweating, drinking more alcohol is only going to make you all the more dehydrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Give the local fire officer a buzz. Sorted the overcrowding problem in one of the local grot pits very very quickly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Get all your friends round for house parties instead.

Also, if you're hot and sweating, drinking more alcohol is only going to make you all the more dehydrated.

Exactly, if everyone knew that there would be no point in leaving the air con off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If they're letting in too many people you can tell a fire officer at the council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Lovem wrote: »
    Its a small town so that is the only club there as the other got shut down , the next closest one is €40 in a taxi

Hi Lovem, you'll need to include this club and town here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055657139

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lovem

I will give the fire officer a call on Monday and see if anything changes, other then that I'm going to take your advice and give it a miss this weekend..I will let you know what Im told on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Meh, it's called clever business tactics :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ireland needs wet T-shirt contests. Hot Sweaty Boobs. Seriously now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Lovem wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if there is any laws/health and safety to make club owners turn on their air-conditioning.

The nightclub in my town always lets in over 450+ people (even though it can only hold 300) and their new thing over the last couple of weekends is to turn off the air-con. People are sweating and there for drinking more from the bar. A number of my friends asked for it to be turned back on (it was like being in a sauna, people were sweating really bad) only to be laughed at by bouncers and even the manager with a reply like "you may sweat it out from now on haha".

Anyway was wondering if there is any law against this sort of thing?
    I know if it's too hot it's not alcohol I'm downing, it's a pint of water. They're gonna lose out in the long run if I end up drinking a pint of water between each drink because I won't get to that stage where I'm drunk enough to order 47 random mixed and assorted shots from behind their bar. I also won't return.

As others have said I'm also doing more drinking in my own house and others lately too .. my local Tescos and off license are benefiting from it.

Pubs? Night clubs? Their loss. Make your customers comfortable or they won't be your customers for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

who buys drinks in nightclubs anymore. The secret is to drink lots at home, pay into the nightclub and just drink water in the club or don't drink at all.

Nightclubs deserve everything they get and their tactics are so bad. They even turn up the music loud so all people can do when they can't hear each other is drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should let you drink and dance to the numbers in those Bingo halls:pac: Fuck the nightclubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

No air-con so clubbers will drink more!!!
    It doesn't work like that.

No aircon and a hot sweaty club makes people leave and damages future business.

Unless its a hardcore dance club, then you're their for the music and the drugs. The owner would make more off water than the alcohol

Advertisement