Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Dealer Cover

• 22-08-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

Just a niggling thought and i dont wanna ring customer care as it will sound dodgy.

The clutch has to be let out a lot to get the biting point.The brother is in law is a taxi man and has drove toyotas for years and says its on the way out
    Do I have to wait for it to go to the end of its life to get it sorted?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I don't think your clutch would be covered under any type of warranty - you'll have to have a look at it to check for sure. (Assuming, that's what you're ringing dealer cover for)

Assuming it is the clutch, do you want it repaired before it fails or do you want to be driving along and having it fail?!

It doesn't sound like a dodgy question - but you better have it checked out by someone who can correctly diagnose any problem with your car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

I don't think your clutch would be covered under any type of warranty - you'll have to have a look at it to check for sure. (Assuming, that's what you're ringing dealer cover for)

Assuming it is the clutch, do you want it repaired before it fails or do you want to be driving along and having it fail?!

It doesn't sound like a dodgy question - but you better have it checked out by someone who can correctly diagnose any problem with your car.

I have the check list there but it doesn't say clutch per say, as in no its not or yes it is. Most of it isnt in the spoken word theres a fair bit of four or five words to mean one part(if you get me)

Well obviously if its knackered id want it sorted and not happen when im driving. But if its just on the way out and will take a few thousand miles to go then so be it.

True i just thought it would sound like i wasn't calming unless i knew it was covered. Chancing my arm if you will.

From the booklet

" Manual Gearbox
    internal gears, synchromesh hubs, selectors, shafts, bearing and bushes and transfer gears "

As i said no mention of a clutch per say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

No, a clutch won't be covered under a warranty like that. It would if it just failed randomly, or was a design flaw that was recalled etc. How old is the car? Mileage? Its part of the wear and tear of a car. It's like expecting brake pads to be covered under your warranty.

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    No, a clutch won't be covered under a warranty like that. It would if it just failed randomly, or was a design flaw that was recalled etc. How old is the car? Mileage? Its part of the wear and tear of a car. It's like expecting brake pads to be covered under your warranty.

The cars 7 years old with around 57k on the clock. I just got it there about a month ago of a toyota dealer.
    The idea of the cover came from the bro in law(again).He said it will need doing and will be one of the 1st things you get done on the cover.

Toyota are all news to me, so i tend to listen to other people with them. Just incase anyone thinks i haven't a clue about motoring etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I don't think there's any way of telling how long a clutch will last - how long is a piece of string?! That's assuming it is the clutch and isn't the hydraulic system that isn't at fault.

You would be better off talking to your toyota garage - they would be able to advise you better than I can. If you are talking, don't tell them that you think it's the clutch - just tell them your problem regarding the excessive travel and let them come up with the fault.

I don't think there's any way of telling how long a clutch will last - how long is a piece of string?! That's assuming it is the clutch and isn't the hydraulic system that isn't at fault.

You would be better off talking to your toyota garage - they would be able to advise you better than I can. If you are talking, don't tell them that you think it's the clutch - just tell them your problem regarding the excessive travel and let them come up with the fault.

Ah i know any car part can go any time there's no set mileage.

Grand cheers ill ring the service department and say something like ive to let the pedal out a lot to get the biting point. The ole play dumb routine lol

Advertisement