Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Era...

Options
  • 22-08-2009 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hey, Just wondering are there many on here attending the orientation week for students who applied through HEAR?

Not sure if I'm able to go I had swine flu a few weeks back and it left me totally wiped, see how I feel in the morning!..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I'm going :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Have a debs on the monday night.... Might go on tuesday night, not sure! My actual orientation doesn't begin til wednesday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peter_Walsh

Just to let you all know, the New ERA Orientation Programme is a compulsory part of being a New ERA student. If you don't turn up to Orientation, you don't get all of the supports that they offer. They'll make allowances for people that need to go to debs and come back, etc., but they'll give you the boot if you just choose not to go along!

Believe me, it's well worth going to. It really helped set me up in college when I started a few years ago. You'll make some great friends and have a great laugh, so don't miss it - you'll only regret it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Just to let you all know, the New ERA Orientation Programme is a compulsory part of being a New ERA student. If you don't turn up to Orientation, you don't get all of the supports that they offer. They'll make allowances for people that need to go to debs and come back, etc., but they'll give you the boot if you just choose not to go along!

Believe me, it's well worth going to. It really helped set me up in college when I started a few years ago. You'll make some great friends and have a great laugh, so don't miss it - you'll only regret it!

Thanks for the info Peter, decided not to go in the end I'm recovering form swine flu atm and I just wouldn't of been able for it.

Re not getting the supports etc I won't be getting the grants anyway because I'm already in the running for two scholarships and other then that I think I'll manage like everyone else who doesn't go through HEAR!

Advertisement