Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a Tm claw mount, onto a CA mp5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I had no end of trouble fitting one of these to my G3 before and the same goes for my MP5. The trick is to rotate the "quick release" side so that the centre arm clips into the cut-out on the barrel in the middle of the lower bar. It will take you a while but it will be worth it as it looks great once it is on.
    Hope this helps. Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Birdman if ya want a (physical) hand with it PM me, get it to Galway city center and I can meet you to install

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

Miscreant wrote: »
    I had no end of trouble fitting one of these to my G3 before and the same goes for my MP5. The trick is to rotate the "quick release" side so that the centre arm clips into the cut-out on the barrel in the middle of the lower bar. It will take you a while but it will be worth it as it looks great once it is on.
    Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Cheers man, what brand is your mp5? it just seems that, the body of mine is too fat?

Cheers man, what brand is your mp5? it just seems that, the body of mine is too fat?

My MP5 is a JG but I also have a Galaxy MP5K that I have not tried it on. I would imagine that it should fit on all of them as they are all clones.
    I thought mine was too fat as well but it takes a little fiddling with the clips but you should be able to get it. What brand is yours? I can test fit mine again so make sure that the fit is tight if needs be to better explain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

Miscreant wrote: »
    My MP5 is a JG but I also have a Galaxy MP5K that I have not tried it on. I would imagine that it should fit on all of them as they are all clones.
    I thought mine was too fat as well but it takes a little fiddling with the clips but you should be able to get it. What brand is yours? I can test fit mine again so make sure that the fit is tight if needs be to better explain it.

Mines a classic army, the full metal one. I have it on, but the dam clip wont close. :mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Its always a pain in the ass getting those ****ing clamp mounts on. I recall having no end of trouble with my old MP5k and the mounts. Drove me mental so it did! In the end simply increasing the force applied made the thing fit perfectly!

As Phractal says you might just need to apply a little force to get it clipped on. Once you have it on I would not suggest you take it off or you might end up back to square one. I actually took mine off but left the clips in a position where it will be easy to put it back on when I want to again.
    There is "low profile" mount that you can get if you are going to CQB your MP5 which goes on with a few allen screws to tighten the clamp. Might be a better bet because I bought the same mount as you did so I could put a proper scope on a G3SG1.
    You can get the low profile mount here: http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=86&category_id=30&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 for example or a lot of other places sell them also if you look around.
    Hope this helps a little more.

Advertisement