Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching myself another subject

Options
  • 22-08-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, I'm set to do the leaving cert in 2010 in five subjects after a few years absence and am wondering as the course doesn't offer a science subject, can I teach myself the subject outside of school and take the exam in June? Or does it only allow subjects thought in the particular course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

I'm sure you can, I know several who did subjects outside school. Just make sure your school knows so they have you registered to take the exam.

Although you might want to take grinds in the subject, as some parts of the course would be tough to do on your own. Also you're missing out on experiments, but Maynooth runs open days in January where they allow leaving cert students to do certain experiments off the course. So you should contact them and try and get into one of those days. You might want to do this as soon as possible as places are limited.

Advertisement