Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a rehersal space

Options
  • 22-08-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

Im looking for a space for bands to rehearse and to record.
    Im a student sound engineer looking to start up a recording studio/rehearsal space for my band.

Anything in the north Kildare/south Meath area would be good, cheap as possible.

If anyone knows about a cheap house to rent or an abandoned cottage whos owners could be tracked down. Id really appreciate any help.
    Things are getting a bit desperate now.

Thanks
    bbk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I know of an abandoned cottage on the moor of Meath. You could ask the neighbours what the craic is with the owners. Map centered on location.

Have you tried any of the local national schools or a local GAA club. They're always happy to take in a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Terry wrote: »
    I know of an abandoned cottage on the moor of Meath. You could ask the neighbours what the craic is with the owners. Map centered on location.

Have you tried any of the local national schools or a local GAA club. They're always happy to take in a few quid.

I tried the local community center but they want be to buy the insurance that they are meant to have.:confused:
    Ill try a few schools alright. Its tracking down these cottage owners is the problem.

Thanks for your reply
    I appreciate it
    bbk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

bbk wrote: »
    Hello all.

Im looking for a space for bands to rehearse and to record.
    Im a student sound engineer looking to start up a recording studio/rehearsal space for my band.

Anything in the north Kildare/south Meath area would be good, cheap as possible.

If anyone knows about a cheap house to rent or an abandoned cottage whos owners could be tracked down. Id really appreciate any help.
    Things are getting a bit desperate now.

Thanks
    bbk
    Just as an aside - apologies for the tangent/plug - but our band bought a brand new sound rig (Allen & Heath Desk - 12 track), amps, crossovers, bins and heads. Barely used and are now looking to offload same. Would you be interested in using any of this equipment at a knock down price. I can show you the receipt, specifications and contact the shop where we purchased the gear.
    If not - apologies!
    Btw, great idea. Would be something that there is a lack of in the area alright.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Just as an aside - apologies for the tangent/plug - but our band bought a brand new sound rig (Allen & Heath Desk - 12 track), amps, crossovers, bins and heads. Barely used and are now looking to offload same. Would you be interested in using any of this equipment at a knock down price. I can show you the receipt, specifications and contact the shop where we purchased the gear.
    If not - apologies!
    Btw, great idea. Would be something that there is a lack of in the area alright.
    Best of luck!

I dont have the money for that right now but what kinda price are you talking about? I may know someone in college who is interested.

Thanks, its my ambition to end up with a proper studio and a rehearsal space with a recording facility for local bands and decent prices. Possibly even a live sound/venue type thing as well if I was rich.
    There is sweet shag all in our area as you say.

Thanks for the reply.
    bbk

Advertisement