Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A3 Attraction 1.6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Looks like it's a little too good to be true.

The price for year/mileage/1 owner etc. would suggest SCAM to me.

Similar cars are going for double that on carzone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yup, it's a scam. Email address in the text is a real giveaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Certain scam OP, if the price looks too good to be true(which it does in this case) it is too good to be true:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mini mouse

SCAM! I was looking at a3's about two months ago and that one was floating around too !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yeah, it's a scam. You'll get this response and then they will ask for you to pay half the fee for it to be shipped to ireland for a few days and then you can decide whether you want to buy it or not :rolleyes: these scammers really need to have a bit more brains about them.

Hi there, the car is still available for the price of 4.500 EUR and that I am awfully sorry for the late reply.
    The car is in excellent overall condition, never involved in an accident.The car is still Irish registered.
    I worked in Ireland for 2 years and the company i worked for was disolved and i had to move back to UK. I am selling it for this price because the UK registration taxes are to expensive for me.
    Please get back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I thought it would have been obviouse that a 2004 Audi A4 on sale for €4500 was enough to know it was a scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a scam. You'll get this response and then they will ask for you to pay half the fee for it to be shipped to ireland for a few days and then you can decide whether you want to buy it or not :rolleyes: these scammers really need to have a bit more brains about them.

Hi there, the car is still available for the price of 4.500 EUR and that I am awfully sorry for the late reply.
    The car is in excellent overall condition, never involved in an accident.The car is still Irish registered.
    I worked in Ireland for 2 years and the company i worked for was disolved and i had to move back to UK. I am selling it for this price because the UK registration taxes are to expensive for me.
    Please get back to me.
    On the ad, location of the car is Dublin and it's a Kerry reg. I thought most of these scams were done using UK based cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

aaf wrote: »
    On the ad, location of the car is Dublin and it's a Kerry reg. I thought most of these scams were done using UK based cars?

New variation on the scam. Don't be tempted or you'll end up seriously out of pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Irrespective of location, fake phone numbers, e-mail addresses or photos, does the fact that the seller is only looking for €4500 for a 5 year old A3 not register as dodgy with some people?

The extremely low price seems to be the one piece of bate that always bites for these scam artists. Some people seem to put all caution or natural instict to the wind when it comes to seeing a bargin. No such thing as a free lunch, people need to be more street wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

perhaps a stupid question, but how do they actually scam you?
    car clocked, been a crash or stolen or what?
    just wondering :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

aaf wrote: »

Well,if you contact them, they will tell you the car is currently in the uk but registered in ireland etc etc scammy scam scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Its definitly a scam .I drove a convertible one of these as a rental car (it was what I was given) on holiday in Spain two weeks ago and there is no way that they could be worth as much as 4500 euro at 5 years old.;)

Advertisement