Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to get to Dublin

• 22-08-2009 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

with the M6 from Ballinasloe now open, can someone tell me how long it takes to get from Ennis to Dublin - say M50 junction for sake of argument.
    I know there are many variables ( average speed, time of day, etc), but a ballpark figure 2hrs/2.5hrs ???
    anyone travelling regularly will probably have a better idea.
    My other option is cross country and M7, and this takes about 3 hrs on a good day.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I have got to Castletroy in 30 mins and to the Red Cow in two hours thats travelling at late at night / early AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'd leave aside three hours to get there. It really depends on the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

2.5 hours to get to the toll bridge on the M4, after that it really depends on time of day (i.e. rush hour morning is a nightmare). If you're going into Dublin city itself i'd allow another 40mins - 1 hour from the toll bridge.:D

I haven't found that the motorway opening at ballinasloe has cut back any significant time off my journey.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

park in kildare and take the train into dublin, its the fasted, you can book online and save: http://www.irishrail.ie !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

Any time between 8 am and 7pm it takes 3 hours to get into the city, 2.5 hrs to the m50/red cow.
    To be safe allow yourself 3 hours door to door and you should be fine.
    If youre going from ennis and trying to get through limerick at busy periods i'd go via killaloe and have found it sometimes saves time

• Advertisement
Advertisement