Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus ntl- how to contact them...really.

Options
  • 22-08-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

I am trying to find out if chorus ntl broadband is available to my house. I used the online availability checker- it said yes but i want to make sure. I phoned the customer service- no one picks up ever, only that automated man voice. Sent email- no reply. Sent one of those forms to get them to call you back/send email regarding available services- no reply. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I rang them on Thursday. I rang 1908. After approx 4 or 5 different menus and about 10 mins I got through to someone. ****ing interactive phone systems need to be outlawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Random wrote: »
    I rang them on Thursday. I rang 1908. After approx 4 or 5 different menus and about 10 mins I got through to someone. ****ing interactive phone systems need to be outlawed.

1908? Could you please give me the specific number? is this a freephone number?

1908 is the specific number. It is a freephone number to the best of my knowledge.

1908? then how come the number is different on the website http://www.upc.ie/customersupport/contact_us/contact_ordering/ ? ?

I don't know. I'm not NTL. I do know that I have contacted them on 1908 last week without issue.

• Advertisement

Where exactly did you get the 1908 number from? Only the numbers 1908? is this 1908 just a area code prefix of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    1908? then how come the number is different on the website http://www.upc.ie/customersupport/contact_us/contact_ordering/ ? ?
    It's wrong in claiming 1890 is a freephone number for a start.

1908 is customer services (ie. for existing customers).

What number did you ring?

1907 is Vodafone, 1909 is O2, 1905 is Eircom ... .

I got this number (I think) when I called 01 2458000 which is another number I had saved in my phone for NTL.

I'm not out to get you, I'm not Nigerian, this isn't a scam. I suggest calling your phone provider and asking them how much it will cost you to call 1908 if in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

1908 is correct, thats what they have on their bill heads.:) There is probably zero customer sales at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

you need an account number to use 1908.

• Advertisement

cast_iron wrote: »
    It's wrong in claiming 1890 is a freephone number for a start.

1908 is customer services (ie. for existing customers).

What number did you ring?

Ah i see...i havent bought into the broadband contract yet..i am not an existing customer...

I want to know for sure that i can get broadband 10Mb at my house...i rang
    1890 940 624 from http://www.upc.ie/customersupport/contact_us/contact_ordering/

The 1908 menu catered for me not being an existing customer. I was asking a query about broadband also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Ah i see...i havent bought into the broadband contract yet..i am not an existing customer...

I want to know for sure that i can get broadband 10Mb at my house...i rang
    1890 940 624 from http://www.upc.ie/customersupport/contact_us/contact_ordering/
    Well as per the link you provided, it claims they close at 5pm on Saturday.
    So if you just tried them there now, there should be no one home:)

Edit: 1908 IS free of charge.
    The 1908 menu catered for me not being an existing customer. I was asking a query about broadband also.
    Yes, but it's not designed for you and can take longer. But it's free:D

Ok rang 1908-i have no account so like the automated voice told me, i pushed the # key on phone- 'my account cannot be recognized' was the response i got..ugh is customer service always this lame?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ok rang 1908-i have no account so like the automated voice told me, i pushed the # key on phone- 'my account cannot be recognized' was the response i got..ugh is customer service always this lame?

Can be to put it charitably.

UPC are a strange organisation to put it kindly. It can be difficult to find out what areas are actually bb enabled - for example I am in Dub 8 - the site tells me everything is available to me - a UPC real live person told me over the phone recently that there are no plans to enable the area for quite some times. And yet I have been picking up some UPC wireless networks around me recently.

Some time ago there was a post on here about good old NTL putting invites to sign up for bb into houses in the bolton st area (I think!) when people phoned up they were told bb wasnt available!! It appears as if not a lot has changed internally!

Yeh i got a generic letter addressed to my house from chorus saying i could get their broadband in my area...but i have yet to speak to someone on the phone or email!

Given the amount of horror stories i have read about chorus ntl contracts, i will not sign a contract until i am sure that i can get the broadband in my house and a realizable fast speeds.

Im actually tempted to go with some shiity other isp--even eircom..at least eircom actually answer the phone when you ring them.

I finally got a call back from upc! I cant get broadband in my house..despite the fact that i got a letter offering me to buy this from upc. All i can get is their tv service, no broadband. I live in Blackrock. The lady on the other end said to call back in a few weeks to check if its available..no i soo won't.

I feel gutted. I cant get smart telcom or chorus upc in my area. What isp's are good in the blackrock area? and dont say magnet--they are too expensive Rory!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Gdep

to get to broadband support...dial 1908 then select 2 and 2 again...you should get through pretty quickly...thats what i always do anyway :)

Advertisement