Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GREYSTONES FUNDAY [MERGED]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

3848691244_7def94d474.jpg

3848691668_1df98c9555.jpg

3847898445_fd416d3035.jpg

3848752836_bbf35d38da.jpg

3847978419_3c34850a32.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Great to see some photos...

Have to say - it is a fantastic idea although I do think it would be much better if:

1. they closed the street so there is more space to move around...can't remember how many times I was pushing the wee one's buggy on and off the footpath just to get by people.

2. The park area didn't get used at all by the looks of it

3. Merdian point wasn't bustling at all

4. move it to a sunnier day ;)

All in all, it looked really good but perhaps a little more organising is required.

What did you like or dislike about it?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Great idea, looked great despite the weather. Promotion of the event was total rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

The crab toes at Cavastons was my fav, although the hog roast was delish..

Totally agree about the road closing...

Had a great day in all, even though a sunnier day would of made it even better.

The crab toes at Cavastons was my fav, although the hog roast was delish..

Totally agree about the road closing...

Had a great day in all, even though a sunnier day would of made it even better.

Did you eat all this?
    3849640336_7c91210cea.jpg
    3849639866_e444f84316.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Gave it a good go... The crackerling was to die for.

Hopefully it'll be on next year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Great day. Pity about the rain. I'd agree about closing the road, people would be a lot more relaxed if they weren't in fear of their kids running out on the roads. Let hope they close down the road next year. And bring 2 pigs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

i didnt even know about it till i went up teh town last night and everyone was packing up!!! did i miss anything good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Mullie wrote: »
    Great day. Pity about the rain. I'd agree about closing the road, people would be a lot more relaxed if they weren't in fear of their kids running out on the roads. Let hope they close down the road next year. And bring 2 pigs!
    Defo!

Unfortunately, for reasons outside our control, we didn't get down to it until after 3:30 and most of the stalls were already starting to close up from what we could see. NOTHING happening in the Meridian... If it's supposed to be an event for a day, they should have things going on all through the day, not just for one or two hours. When we decided to go for a coffee in Nosh N Coffee we were told it was takeaway only. Loads of people were trying to get in for something, but all being turned away unless they wanted to sit in the drizzle outside.

I can't for the life of me understand why a business like this wouldn't have been prepared for a day like yesterday and arranged to stay open for a couple of hours more. Perhaps even in a recession they don't need the customers or the cash?

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

actually, one thing which bugged me...I bought tickets, for a bit of grub here and there, but some places didn't even take them - like the Runaway pancake place. To be honest, everyone should should be in on the ticket system or not. I heard that the retauranteurs redeemed the vouchers back at the Chambre of Commerce, but to a very discounted amount (sshhh, somthing like half the value of the ticket but I have no proof so don't quote me).

I know the Chambre of Commerce organised the thing, but let's say they might be a bit Greystones in-experienced! Oh it works on so many levels.:p

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    3847978419_3c34850a32.jpg

Shame they had to use the old Diesel carriages. My Dad was pretty peeved about that, he was working on that steam train run.

xIsabelx wrote: »
    Shame they had to use the old Diesel carriages. My Dad was pretty peeved about that, he was working on that steam train run.

Yes I agree it was disappointing cos the first carraige was an original from the old days and it really looked great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

My Dad was worried they wouldn't even get the engine because of the bridge collapsing up past Malahide. He was like "God, I hope they got the engine down on Friday from the North, otherwise we'll have to use the locomotive!"

My friend was meant to be singing outside Homans at some stage for the fun day. Anyone hear her by any chance? Her name's Rebecca Gresty.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

astrofluff wrote: »
    actually, one thing which bugged me...I bought tickets, for a bit of grub here and there, but some places didn't even take them - like the Runaway pancake place. To be honest, everyone should should be in on the ticket system or not.

Yeah, thats something that needs to be sorted. They were still selling the vouchers as everything was being packed up! My parents picked up €10 very late and found it hard to get rid of them.

Advertisement