Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NUIM Repeat Questions

• 22-08-2009 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

When do the Repeat Results come out?

and can you appeal a repeat?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

They come out near the start if september if memory serves.

As for appealing: yes, though 99% of the time appeals are only ever successful if there has been an obvious marking error. Short of the lecturer who marked it being extremely high on drugs at the time, you won't get anything out of it I'm afraid. Most of the 60-100 exams appealed evey year are usually on the grounds of ''I just it was marked too hard'', and this never works.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hino

Yeah appealed for 4 marks first time around.

Mind you i did a better paper this time around so hopefully.

Cheers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fantastech

Hows about compensation for repeats does that exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

As far as I know you can compensate from another repeat exam but not from January or May exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

They come out mad late, last year I think I got them on the Thursday or Friday and college was starting back on the Monday.

• Advertisement

What happens then regarding picking second year modules? Like, if I fail my repeats then I can't take that subject in to second year and thats understandable but if the results come out mad late then most of the spaces in the modules will be taken and I'll be left with the shitty modules... Doesn't seem fair.

.... cue chorus of 'well, that's what you get for not studying for your May exams'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah you're pretty much screwed, people who repeated exams have to wait even longer to fully re-register, I think it's the 2nd week we're back.

Fuck SAKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

I think the repeat results are out the Ninth of September

Edit: Can confirm the results are out the 9Th online
    http://examinations.nuim.ie/results.shtml

"
    IT IS ANTICIPATED THAT EXAMINATION RESULTS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON WEDNESDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER ON THE WEB.
    YOU SHOULD RECEIVE YOUR RESULTS IN THE POST ON THURSDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER. STAFF AT THE EXAMINATIONS OFFICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ON THE PHONE OR IN THE OFFICE TO DEAL WITH RESULTS QUERIES UNTIL THURSDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER .

Telephones: Marks and Grades will not be given over the telephone. Results queries will be dealt with on the following numbers: (01) 7083820, 7083571, and 7083626"

To access your results on the web: log onto the NUIM web page, www.nuim.ie
    1. Click on the Student Web Services link.
    2. Type in your user name and password.
    3. Click on the Student Enquiry.
    4. Click on Exam Results.
    5. Your overall qualification results will appear.
    6. To get your individual subjects results, click on the qualification code.
    7. For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you click the LOGOUT option on the left-hand side of your screen, when finished viewing your results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Blinkbelle

Sometimes if you ask your lecturer (if you know them fairly well) they'll give you the results a bit earlier. It'd be off the record like, because I suppose they could still change, but they rarely do and it'd at least give ya an idea!! I was freaking out that I'd failed one last year, so went in to talk to my lecturer and he was able to tell me straight away that I'd done really well and gave me my result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Thank god, the 9th... i was wonderin

I'm the only person who resat the module... they think they could have marked the paper quicker :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Blinkbelle

That's just it though, if they only have the one exam to repeat they usually do it when it gets in to their office, and they usually don't mind telling you what the result is..unless they're an ass like. :)

Advertisement