Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls going for a drink in a pub/club on their own

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

ryoishin wrote: »
    I got stood up on Thursday, ended up drinking on my own. Was a very weird experience. Bar maid copped it I think as she brought me over 2 pints instead of one and said she got me an extra one by "mistake".

Im a bloke.

Just like a movie! she was charming, sexy and alluring I'll bet. Then you two went off on the town and sang karaoke with Japanese tourists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Lux23 wrote: »
    A couple of months ago I got locked out of my apartment and had to wait 3 hours for my flatmate to come back with the key. There was noone around and I didn't fancy sitting in a cafe for three hours so I walked down to a pub on O'Connell Street that has nice grubs and is usually pretty busy. I was there just over two hours and I was approached by 6 different men asking to buy me a drink. I assume they all thought I was looking to score, it was a bit of a revelation to be honest.

My friend works in a local pub... kind of a lively place. Once or twice i was passing by i popped in for one as Id know most of staff.
    Got approached by about 3 or 4 people trying to buy me drinks, 1 or 2 asking did i want to join them. That would definitely put me off goin out by myself. I dont see a problem with other girls goin out, just not my cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wierd. But hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

as long as they don't bring laptops with them it should be encouraged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

mud wrote: »
    I am a woman.

Hoorah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭scanlas

Biggins wrote: »
    True, its just sad in this day and age that the general question should arise in the first place!
    Move on ya old thinking, out of date farts who think the wimms still belong in the kitchen!

Not sad at all, famine and AIDs are said.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

_ZeeK_ wrote: »
    Just like a movie! she was charming, sexy and alluring I'll bet. Then you two went off on the town and sang karaoke with Japanese tourists.

Nah I downed the pints and legged it as the place was packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mad_physist

Understandable if the girl is single and doesn't want to spend the rest of the evening alone at her flat...

think it's cool if they have a book. but that also makes you unapproachable since people don't want to interupt.

drinking on own twiddling fingers is not cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement