Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVING IN BLANCHARDSTOWN

• 22-08-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey, :)
    I am hopefully moving to Blanchardstown during sept. because I am going to college in ITB, I am just wondering what the area is like, rough/dangerous/quiet.. ect.. and parts to stay away from.?????

Anybody?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

I don't go there much except for the shopping centre and for the odd match but it does have a reputation of being a rough enough area but not too much. I'm sure there are plenty of nice areas aswell like most places but it does have a small reputation for being a bit rough. In saying that there are far worse areas in Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

chester222 wrote: »
    Hey, :)
    I am hopefully moving to Blanchardstown during sept. because I am going to college in ITB, I am just wondering what the area is like, rough/dangerous/quiet.. ect.. and parts to stay away from.?????

Anybody?
    :confused:

Depends on what your looking for?
    Do you drive?do you want a house or apartment?how much are you willing to pay,near shops,pubs etc....

In general the place isnt rough
    Some areas are nice and others less priveliged...like most areas in dublin I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chester222

Kev. wrote: »
    Depends on what your looking for?
    Do you drive?do you want a house or apartment?how much are you willing to pay,near shops,pubs etc....

In general the place isnt rough
    Some areas are nice and others less priveliged...like most areas in dublin I suppose

:)
    Well, basically just looking for a single room, up to 260euro a month is the most i could afford. I dont mind whether its near shops or pubs, just near a city center bus route and near enough to the college.

I know, you will get rough places every where, was just wondering if anyone could name a few out there. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

chester222 wrote: »
    :)
    Well, basically just looking for a single room, up to 260euro a month is the most i could afford. I dont mind whether its near shops or pubs, just near a city center bus route and near enough to the college.

I know, you will get rough places every where, was just wondering if anyone could name a few out there. :P

Get a room in Tyrrelstown and buy a bike....you'll be right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=993

Dublin 15 boards should help you.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 chester222

Enii wrote: »
    Get a room in Tyrrelstown and buy a bike....you'll be right!

So Tyrrelstown isnt to bad???

Ill have a look on the Dublin 15 thing...!!

Thanks nyway.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

If you go onto itb website and den student services den go to accomodation and d college will email you the list of houses that do accomodation specifically for people in college. That way you could end up with others from college. I started der last year and rented a room in one the houses on their list. It in roselawn in blanch but its 500euro a month.Im sure there are much cheaper ones on it. Just phone them up and ask.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Blanch isn't that rough, Corduff and Huntstown/Hartstown are always frowned apon as the roughed up area but they arnt as bad as you think.

I live beside corduff which is 2 minutes from the campus and it's not that bad.You'll get the occasional scum but you just stay outa the way and all is well :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Kadie

Ive lived in Blanchardstown for 12 years, and I've never had any issues with the place.

Advertisement