Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train commuters,what you going to do? (Merged with Commuter Hell thread)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Unshelved wrote: »
    and there's no train between 7.33 and 7.58 - getting on that train will be carnage. I'll be very surprised if anyone can board further on down the line.
    Unshelved, there's still a 7.47 departure from Skerries so there's no gap like you've said. You had me worried there for a moment ;)

You're right about the evening set-up with a 33 minute gap being a bit of a nightmare but there is an additional 18.40 service which could suit other people better for thos who work on flexitime.

By the way, for those who are currently travelling on the 33X from Skerries and Rush, how is the car park in Rush & Lusk Train station progressing? Will it be ready for action if the Northern Line re-opens as announced on the 16th November (although I have heard there will be a further 2 week delay).

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Unshelved
    and there's no train between 7.33 and 7.58 - getting on that train will be carnage. I'll be very surprised if anyone can board further on down the line.

Unshelved, there's still a 7.47 departure from Skerries so there's no gap like you've said. You had me worried there for a moment

You're right - I was checking the trains to Pearse. 7.47 goes to Connolly.

Car park looks finished but access to it looks far from ready.

If you get the 7.47 service, you'll only have to wait 4 minutes for a DART to Pearse.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Khannie wrote: »
    Just got an update on the Skerries CA mailing list:

All I can say is...."for **** sake". :/

Bloody hell and for f*** sake x 1 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I heard the carpark will be finished next week. It amazing how they can finish these jobs when the pressure is on.

As for the timetable, I have heard from quite a few people they wil stick with 33x if they keep even a scaled dowm version.

LeoB wrote: »
    I heard the carpark will be finished next week. It amazing how they can finish these jobs when the pressure is on.

As for the timetable, I have heard from quite a few people they wil stick with 33x if they keep even a scaled dowm version.
    I'd expect everyone from Skerries to revert back to the train as the extra 20 minutes to Lusk was irking some people (reference my disagreements with Unshelved, all water under the bridge now - excuse the pun ;) ) so it would be mainly Rush and Lusk residents who would stand to gain from it.

I'd definitely be interested in sticking with the bus service if it was something that could work out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Every year when I look at the new time table it depresses me that they do not add a few extra trains.
    Don't have time to go comparing so are there any extra trains?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/general_news.asp?action=view&news_id=552
    Track Improvement Works - Malahide/Balbriggan - Sat 7 & Sun 8 Nov by Corporate Communications

Due to Track Improvement Works between Malahide and Balbriggan on Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th November all Northern Commuter rail services will operate to/from Balbriggan only with bus transfers in operation between Balbriggan and City Centre.

Iarnrod Eireann regrets any inconveniene this essential work may cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

That 33 minute gap during evening rush hour is appalling. It just means the 17:55 from Pearse will be crammed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

why that 17.58 train needs to stop at howth junction and portmarnock and malahide is beyond me, surely these stations are well catered for by the dart

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Tuttlinghorn

OK folks, if anyone feels strongly enough to tap an email out to our local TDs:

trevor.sargent at greenparty .ie;darragh.obrien at oireachtas.ie; james.reilly at finegael.ie; michael.kennedy at oireachtas.ie

I mailed them all at once partly in laziness and partly to see if they could realise that each needs to be seen to try to do something... maybe the could even work together :P ... oh the hilarity.

It will be interesting to see if (a) they care and (b) they have any clout.

I think that at least an hourly 33X at peak times would be ideal. And sure, send it via Baldongan - that really would get a big following I reckon. 35 minutes to city centre ? And a Seat !

I think that at least an hourly 33X at peak times would be ideal. And sure, send it via Baldongan - that really would get a big following I reckon. 35 minutes to city centre ? And a Seat !
    Realistically speaking, I think if they do keep the 33X (half hour frequency at peak times would be sufficient) then I reckon Skerries residents will get back on the train and Rush/Lusk people would use both (depending on where they work).

FWIW, I'd use the 33X if I knew I could definitely get on it (I live at the last stop in Lusk citybound and you're lucky to get on sometimes, let alone get a seat) as it drops me right outside the office and I can board the return journey right outside the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Tuttlinghorn

Folks, if anyone has an opinion on this then now is the time to lobby anyone you can think of, reply from local TD below :

Thank you for your email today and your suggestions. I agree that the separate express bus from Rush and Lusk would be ideal and I have made the strongest representations for this and the Skerries Express Bus. I will keep you informed ..

While I doubt politicians ever directly disagree with potential voters so not sure how much the above means, I did get replies from 2 of the 4 mentioned above, same day.

I suspect some new arrangements are going to be announced today and that there will be an extended service for some bus routes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

i'm slightly confused! if you look at the printed timetables it's still showing the replacement one thats been there since the collapse, the new one commences from 30th November... If you do it manually online i.e. Balbriggan to Dublin Connolly on 16th Nov before 9am its showing up the old timetable (7.13, 7.33, 7.42, 7.56 etc). I thought when i saw the times from 30th Nov they'd pulled back each train in the morning because of the new speed restrictions and if thats the case surely they'd be running the new times from monday morning?. Anyone got any clarification on that? I did ring IE and was told to use the online as opposed to the printed timetable. I think i'll turn up at 7.27 rather than 7.33 just to be sure!!

Advertisement