Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything happening tomorrow?

Options
  • 22-08-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

We would love to do something tomorrow with the kids but the weather is meant to be cr*p. Does anybody have any ideas as to what we can do? Play centres have been done to death this summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Go to the Arigna mining experience taking the mountain road from the Keadue road, the kids will love it, mad down in the mines and dont rush it, the guides will go slow and explain all, really worth the trip/money. By the time you get there, do the tour and get back its a day out. Look out for the Famine memorial on the Keadue link road. Mabey Google map a really rural hilly route, could be fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Thanks Mr.B. We've done the mines, the wee man told everybody his version of events during the tour. He loved the big bang too!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Well..... Get some good wet gear, buy a bag of marshmallows, a bag of kindling, bring a firelighter, some wooden skewrs (to avoid burnt hands) a penknife and some water, find the path up to O'Rourkes table, outside Dromahair and hike it. Takes about 25/30 mins with kids, a hard climb but doable. At the top shave some of the kindling and build a fire using all the kindling on a Rock. Toast the marshmallows properly and enjoy the rainy view while enjoying Gods gift of a kids smile eating toasted marshmallows in front of a fire with their parents.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

What a super thing to do!...im gonna do that with my girls for sure..thanks for sharin that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Well..... Get some good wet gear, buy a bag of marshmallows, a bag of kindling, bring a firelighter, some wooden skewrs (to avoid burnt hands) a penknife and some water, find the path up to O'Rourkes table, outside Dromahair and hike it. Takes about 25/30 mins with kids, a hard climb but doable. At the top shave some of the kindling and build a fire using all the kindling on a Rock. Toast the marshmallows properly and enjoy the rainy view while enjoying Gods gift of a kids smile eating toasted marshmallows in front of a fire with their parents.:)

Yes have done this on a number of occasions (Most people in the north leitrim area should be in the know about this little gem, the view is great), but not the toasted marshmallows, thats a nice twist! Thankyou!
    Mind you, you need to be careful of the cows grazing in the field on the approach lane. I had a situation when i was crossing with my ex partner, little one perched in a rug sac on back...when one particular cow (beginning to think it was a young bull now :rolleyes:) decided to make a charge and I ended up skewing myself on barbed wire as we scrambled to get away from it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

So Mrs.T where did ye end up going and what did ye end up doing? Weather was miserable today, doing something outdoors may not have been the best idea.

The weather was awful yesterday! We ended up going to "Tickety-Moo" The ice cream maker. We were too early to see the cows but we did get to eat scrummy ice cream that was made yesterday morning. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Have you been to the Marble Arch Caves Mrs T?
    That's a great place.
    Also if you are ever in Dublin the Viking Splash tour is brill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

magnumlady wrote: »
    Have you been to the Marble Arch Caves Mrs T?
    That's a great place.
    Also if you are ever in Dublin the Viking Splash tour is brill!!

haha dont start her on the marble arches!! she will tell youse later I'm sure.

We are in dublin friday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

If you want a couple of money off vouchers for Dublin let me know.
    It covers the zoo, viking splash, dublinia and some others.
    Only thing with Viking Splash is that the you wouldn't be allowed on the water part of it with the baby, but Finn would love it....you get to roar at all the Celts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

We went to Island View Stables today Mrs T.

The girls had a pony trek along the beach, mine has had a lot of lessons, but her friend is a novice and they had a ball, they really take it at the child's own pace. I'm not sure what the youngest age they will take is, but there was a tiny little guy with the group.

(If anyone else was on the trek - yes I was the eejit trying to keep up. On foot. Note to self - Next time: Get Horse.)

Val, that would be brilliant! Thank you!!

The Marble Arches.... We've been there twice and I've never seen the caves yet! First time, went there with Mr.T and his Ma, got to the till and the lady said "You're not going down there!"...... 10 hours later I was in labour with the wee man, did she sense something?:D Next time we went with my Ma and Da. Got to the bottom of the million of stairs and the wee man started crying because he was hungry so off up the millions of stairs again. I'm going to wait a few years to try again :cool:

Advertisement