Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Present

Options
  • 22-08-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭

One of my friends is 10weeks pregnant and I really want to get her something thoughtfull to treat herself or to relax her.

I am wondering if anybody has any good ideas?

I have no kids so I don't know what would be good/bad :confused:

Although I really just want to go out and buy her everything cute I can find, I am refraining myself!

Any help apreaciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

How about a voucher for a pregnancy massage? Or maybe a nice belly butter for her tummy, one of the ones that are said to help against stretch marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

somethin for herself anyway cos everyone will buy the baby stuff. bio oil is great for stretchmarks and idea for pregnancy spa treatment is great but if too expensive maybe get a few together to go in on it. fair play to you for thinkin of her x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

silja wrote: »
    How about a voucher for a pregnancy massage? Or maybe a nice belly butter for her tummy, one of the ones that are said to help against stretch marks.

My two sisters in law got this for me and it was only wonderful. Would recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Boots do a mum to be pack in their spa sanctuary range, really nice body butter, shower oil and bath salts. I got one, was a really great pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

You can get lovely mum-to-be bath salts in boots, candles and new, big comfy pjs and slippers, all in a bag, with a really relaxing cd of spa music!!

Thats what I got for my friend, and she loved it!! There will be no more of this when the baby comes so might be nice

Also got my friend a voucher to have her hair coloured after the birth, as I knew she would have wanted it for christening, and also she would have felt guilty spending the money on herself, and she would want to feel all pretty again.

EDIT: Dammit beachbabe - you beat me to it!! But great minds think alike!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Baby sitting coupons from you to offer your time to mind the baby after the baby is born so she can sleep or do something for herself like go to the movies or get her hair done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

As a pregnant lady :p a cool present would be stuff I would actually use like bio oil, coco butter, body scrubs anything to help with stretch marks. All these things are expensive to buy so a gift would be nice. These are things most women want when they are pregnant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 limerick_lady

Jwacqui - I'm currently 7 months pregnant but when we announced it, my friend made up a little hamper for us. It had a baby names book, a bottle of bio oil (which is brill!), a DVD of Knocked Up (baby was a complete surprise!!!), a bottle of non-alco Champagne, a foot cream, a little sleep suit for the baby, a tiny rugby ball (both me & my partner are big into rugby!)... and a few other bits & pieces

It was a really lovely present to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

yeah bio oil great, but expensive. Burts Bees do a mum to be range think io saw in boots liffey valley at some stage. Gorgeous stuff!

Advertisement