Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is living in Glenomena this year?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Do you have to stay 50 weeks to be assigned houses 9 & 10?
    I wanted to be in the new ones!

Random question, but does anyone know what apartment/room numbers are for catered for the disabled... I'm on the ground floor and hoping I might get a room twice the size!

You don't have to stay for 50 weeks but if you put that down that is where you will end up. You can always say you are staying for 50 weeks and just leave at the end of semester two. Plenty did that last year. Plus house 9 and 10 are newer...not totally new either. They are better in general alright but the other apartments have better sofas and showers less likely to flood!

The rooms that cater for the disabled are kind of random, it's hit and miss whether there will be one in your apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ice_cream

Hey anyone know how we go about moving into on campus accommodation tomorrow? Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

im not moving in till wednesday. Neuroscience orientation dosent start till thursday and friday. So ill be coming wednesday :). Anyone else here doing neuroscience?

ice_cream wrote: »
    Hey anyone know how we go about moving into on campus accommodation tomorrow? Thanks :D

Just show up with your giro and go into the glenomena office to get your keycard.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JoeyH

logic123 wrote: »
    im not moving in till wednesday. Neuroscience orientation dosent start till thursday and friday. So ill be coming wednesday :). Anyone else here doing neuroscience?

Commerce orientation doesnt start till wednesday but I have to go in tomorow just for the 20 min laptop clinic :mad:

Ill just move my stuff in while Im there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'm in house 6.
    Anyone else?
    I'm also set to be one of the only first years in Glenomena, yeah?

One quick question- is electricity not included in the extortionate amount of money you have to pay for this accom?
    D'oh!

Oh, and I'm not moving in 'til Tuesday..
    Don't have Orientation until Wednesday so frankly I'm just not bothered going until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

bythewoods wrote: »
    I'm in house 6.
    Anyone else?

One quick question- is electricity not included in the extortionate amount of money you have to pay for this accom?
    D'oh!

Im a first year there too, :pac:

I'm House 10.

I'm in house 6.
    Anyone else?

D'oh!

Im first year.

Elecyricity is included. Its on the accomodation part of your registration.

Glenomena-Utilities 388.00

Sh*t just remembered we need to print off the licence to reside and hand it in when collecting our keys. Haven't printed it off yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

JoeyH wrote: »
    Im first year.

Sh*t just remembered we need to print off the licence to reside and hand it in when collecting our keys. Haven't printed it off yet :(

electricity is only included in houses 9 and 10.

• Advertisement

JoeyH wrote: »
    Im first year.

Phewwwwww.
    The link you left earlier in this thread was rattling on about those electricity card yokes.

milly4ever wrote: »
    electricity is only included in houses 9 and 10.

Frick.

I'm in house 6.
    Anyone else?

D'oh!

Ah memories of last year...I only left house six 4 weeks ago and feels like a lifetime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

Its a joke that 1st years are in glenomena this year

FockRoysh wrote: »
    Its a joke that 1st years are in glenomena this year
    well its only because they would be half empty without them.

Sure my appartment is 5/6ths empty...

Im all on my lonesome at the mo :(

Are you the only one there, I saw mine today but I have stuff to do before I move in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Blair_Waldorf

What are they like?
    3 rooms to each side and kitchen straight infront of you down the hall when you walk in? I'm curious to know if room 5 is right next to the kitchen!

from what I remember 5 should be near the kitchen.

No 3 and 4 are next to the kitchen. 1 and 6 are at the front door.

Yup all on my lonesome tonight. No one to drink with... and I have 1.5ltrs of vodka in my room....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Blair_Waldorf

Good, won't have to listen to people watching tv late at night, or hear the door slam early in the morning:D! Already got landed with a ground floor :(
    Are they nice enough apartments?

Does each room in roebuck get there own kitchen?

Yeah they are. There not massive but the rooms are bigger than what i was expecting. My living room has crap furnishing though. And the lamp is broke :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 eesp

I got put into a studio apartment on ground floor! :( What are de chances of being moved?

What do you mean a studio apartment?

You have your own kitchen and no flat mates?

Ye its like a mini apartment designed for disabled people. Theres no common area! I av no idea y i was given it!?

do people in roebuck get there own kitchen? or do we have to share

eesp wrote: »
    Ye its like a mini apartment designed for disabled people. Theres no common area! I av no idea y i was given it!?

Thats crap sure you would want to have flat mates to get to know more people.
    Its doing my head in that no one else has moved into my apartment yet never mind never having flat mates.

Ye nd dats wat i wantd, i dnt realy knw any1 in ucd! Im gona try get movd ...

• Advertisement

Want me to pop round? I don't know anyone either... well not on campus.

Advertisement