Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chief Medical Officer

Options
  • 22-08-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi just wondering if anyone has experience of attending the Chief Medical officer? I am currently on sick leave and have been called to CMO and am nervous about what will happen. I know that I will probably get criticised for being off work given the current climate but I am genuinely ill. If anybody has any experience of attending CMO I would really appreciate some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

yes had a lot of problems with my cmo once they get there claws into you they wont leave ya alone, once you dont give them ammo to get back at you, dont drink the week before or longer, if they ask you questions keep the answers short dont go into too much detail,, for example if you smoke 60 fags a day tell them ten and you play footie walk the dogs only tell them good things,

if you have been out for a while id reckon there just calling you in to check you or medically fit to return to work, so dont panic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

loc1 wrote: »
    I know that I will probably get criticised for being off work given the current climate but I am genuinely ill. .
    Dont let it worry you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 loc1

I have post natal depression and i know that I'm not ready to return to work as my job is very stressful and I just don't think that I could cope at the minute. I'm finding it hard enough dealing with day to day. Sorry not meaning to turn this into a moan just stresses about what they will want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Well any CMO worth his salt will know thats a real illness and should be fine.
    depression causes worry anyhow .

I went for a Dept of SW assesment when i was off sick with depression and it was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Depression is generally difficult territory for companies. Compared to physical illnesses it's very subjective and they risk landing themselves in a legal mire if they push too hard. Similarly the Dept. of Social Welfare are very cagey about questioning any psychological issues once there's a doctor's cert involved.

I've seen people return to the workplace with post-natal depression and they really shouldn't be there for their own sake, their colleagues sake and the people they deal with's sake. Don't feel pressured to return to work while you know you're not able to do so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement