Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar hero and Rock band

Options
  • 22-08-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Im buying the rock band drums and original game. Is guitar hero better. Can the instruments be used for both games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Yes instruments work on both, I prefer rockband but it's down to each individual. You should check out the tracklist of each game and see which one you prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

General consensus is rock band 2 is a far superior game, 800 tracks as dlc vs guitar hero 150 !

Guitar hero is fun , but without going into major detail as im too lazy things like the massive hit boxes on the notes ie u miss by a mile and it still counts and the fact they add notes that are simply not there on higher difficulties to make songs harder is frustrating there are many more .......

The instruments will work in both games, guitar hero guitar are better im many eyes, the frets on the rock band guitar are quite noisy and clicky, i still dont mind that much though. The rock band drums will work really well in GH: world tour as there is a special chart that takes away the orange path if you use them, but the guitar hero drums dont get the same treatment in rock band so they can be very tricky to use , they will work in rock band the fact the layout is differnt and rockband doesnt compensate for this by changing the charts like GH does makes them a pain to play although they are much better made , especially the bass pedal which on the RB kit is really cheap and plasticy

If i was you OP id get Rock band 2 and skip the 1st one as for example in RB1 you cant do the tour mode in single player just play through the setlist once where as in RB2 there is far more to do like tour challenges etc and all can be done in single or multi player.

By the way the Rockband guitar / drums / and mic but no game set is €45 in smyths , i traded in 2 games and got one for €20 last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

I would say rock band is a fair bit better than guitar hero. Plus you can import the songs from rock band 1 to rock band 2 for 500 Microsoft points, so you could buy Rock Band 2 and rent the first game then pay the points to basically have both the games on one disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Any tips on somewhere to pick up Rock Band 2 (for the 360) cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

penguin88 wrote: »
    Any tips on somewhere to pick up Rock Band 2 (for the 360) cheap?
    Its quite hard to find in shops, but if you dont mind getting it online it is currently 37 Euro on play.com(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=61741159)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

+1 for rockband 2. Especially on the drums.On gh its preferable to have the kit with the symbols as you have to smack them to set off the star power, where as in rockband it gives you the choice to set it off in designated fill bits.I find it easier on rockband( mainly cause I'm fairly crap) as its hard to find a chance in a song to slap the symbols to set of the power in the middle of a song that has no breaks.also massive, varied amount of songs on rock band , you'll also find the majority of the gh songs on rockband dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I have World Tour with the whole set. The lack of DLC on Guitar hero is very frustrating, especially when you see the DLC on Rock Band. I'd probably go for rock band on the basis of that but to be honest, I've never played the game so I can't really say how it plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

wong wrote: »
    I have World Tour with the whole set. The lack of DLC on Guitar hero is very frustrating, especially when you see the DLC on Rock Band. I'd probably go for rock band on the basis of that but to be honest, I've never played the game so I can't really say how it plays.

Dude you really have to make rock band 2 your next game !!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Firstly...for any fans of either...I've seen the WHOLE rockband instrument set for sale in Smyths 45 euro...thats drums, guitar and Mic !!

-Started with Guitar Hero 3 on PS2 - loved it
    -Bought 2 guitars so I could play coop
    -Then got Rock Band on 360 when it was released
    -Rock Band guitar sucks...game is amazing though
    -Bought Guitar Hero - just for guitar to play rock band with
    -Bought Guitar Hero World Tour with high hopes
    -Stopped playing after 2 hours
    -Gave away to another boardsie for free cause it was that boring
    -Rock Band has no equal :D:)

Beatles Rock Band 09/09/09 ...will be greatest game of all time !
    Ill be getting the full set too, so maybe giving away a set of drums soonish

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

calex71 wrote: »
    Dude you really have to make rock band 2 your next game !!!!!!!!!!

I think it may just be. I'll wait till the price goes down on it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

wong wrote: »
    I think it may just be. I'll wait till the price goes down on it though.

I picked it up today in HMV for 34.99 which is not a bad price and cheaper then Play.com which today is 55.26 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I picked it up today in HMV for 34.99 which is not a bad price and cheaper then Play.com which today is 55.26 :eek:

Mind me asking which HMV this was? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

penguin88 wrote: »
    Mind me asking which HMV this was? :P

Liffey Valley

Advertisement