Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz CV questions / tips?

Options
  • 22-08-2009 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Just a few questions about doin up a new CV for Oz.......

1. Title:
    Should I use Curriculum Vitae or Resumé, or does it matter?

2. Length:
    Should I give loads of info or summarize it into one clear page?

3. Past Jobs:
    Should I include all my past jobs, or just my most relevant ones?

4. References:
    More the merrier or just my best 2 or so?

5. Visa:
    Should I state what kind of Visa I have? I'll be on a WHV, so I was thinkin somethin like "WHV valid from A to B"

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

1. Title:

CV is what we get in our work

2. Length:

standard 2-3 pages, but don't fill up on stuff like interests etc

3. Past Jobs:

Usually relevant ones.

4. References:

best 2

5. Visa:
    Should I state what kind of Visa I have? I'll be on a WHV, so I was thinkin somethin like "WHV valid from A to B"

Yes, visa info is important.

Please note if you are dealing with recruitment agencies they normally edit your CV anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Sound

Thanks a mil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Connexions

Hi Unreggd

1. Title:
    Résumé is what is used in Australia but Curriculum Vitae would be accepted too

2. Length:

Compared to the Irish and UK market where your CV is generally limited to 2 pages, you can expand to 3 or even 4 pages with your Résumé - depending on the amount of work experience you have. Seeing as you are applying for a WHV it would be assumed that 2-3 pages would suffice

3. Past Jobs:

You should never leave any gaps in a Résumé so mention all your past jobs but detail your most relevant. If you have 'job hopped' alot then group similar categories together so that your life document is not too lengthy

4. References:

Once again it is accepted to only list 2 in Ireland and the UK but in Australia we encourage 3 to 4 Referees

5. Visa:

Yes you should mention your visa status. This could also be mentioned on your Cover Letter

Don't forget to tailor your Résumé accordingly for every job you apply for. Best of luck out there!

Advertisement