Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with max file size on iOmega 500gB external HD

• 22-08-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi, I am trying to copy 4.5gB VOB files to my external HB, to play through my PS3. I have successfully moved a few very large files over but i am getting error messages now (file size too large etc). Is there a way to check settings or something. I expect i should be able to copy over files of much larger size than 4-5gB.

Any advice?

thanks, D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's probably formatted as FAT32, if so you won't be able to copy over a file bigger than 4GBs. The playstation will only pick up hard drives formatted as FAT32.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

FAT32 has a file size limit of 4GB

unless PS3 reads NTFS or other format ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Darren_NZ

that probably makes sense - thanks

Any ideas how i can achieve my objective of saving and watching dvds thru the PS3 without compromising loads on quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

could stream from a pc running TVersity, works on xbox have no experience of it on a playstation though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Converting the vob files to xvid format should solve the problem!

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement