Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with lost naturalisation application

Options
  • 22-08-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am looking for advice. In the first week of December 2008, I sent by registered post a complete application package for naturalisation to the Justice Department / Immigration.

However, I was not smart enough to follow up right away. In June 2009, it dawned on me that I had not received an acknowledgement that they received my application, so I rang them to find out the status. They said they never received it, and they suggested I trace it via An Post. They also told me I had sent it to the wrong address - I sent it to their address at Burgh Quay, but they said I was meant to send it to their Tipperary office. However, the instructions I have with my application clearly say to send it to Burgh Quay. It is highly possible that my application was lost in the decentralisation shuffle.

Although I sent the application package registered post, it was so long after the posting date that I could not trace it online. I had to send a special request to An Post to trace it. They just recently confirmed that it was delivered on 8 December 2008, and I have asked them to send me written notice of this delivery. Unfortunately, they no longer have the signature on file.

Needless to say, I am crushed to think I may have to re-package and resubmit my application, and lose the time in the queue. Do you have any advice or know someone who can help me? Is it possible someone knows where to find my original application at Burgh Quay? Failing that, should I resubmit the same application with the An Post notice of delivery as well as the instruction sheet that told me to send the application to Burgh Quay?

My main concerns are: 1) can I use my existing application package and avoid having to re-package my paperwork, and 2) can I be processed as if my application were received when it was delivered?

I will, of course, appreciate any help you can offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

javaguy wrote: »
    Unfortunately, they no longer have the signature on file.
    That sounds like a bit of a story.

Advertisement