Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever got THE GOO?

• 22-08-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Right time of week/night I think....

Was just out for a maximum of 3 pints earlier today to watch the match. After said game I got The Goo: I got the taste for more beer and couldn't help but order a 4th why not!

I guess you could call the goo a mental joust with the barman akin to a sleepy battle with the alarm clock in the morning e.g. "Ah sure, I might aswell hit the snooze button JUST ONE more time! I'll know when to get up!". Only it doesn't just turn into a short 5 minute snooze, it turns into a serious session like no other and you end up doing stuff you cringe about for weeks afterwards.

I didn't get a proper goo this afternoon, thank god, but it did remind me of plenty of times years ago when I used to get it bad. When 1 or 2 drinks would turn into stumbling home at 4am and waking the folks up while doing the drunken keydance at the front door without pants...bad times! :pac:

I have since learned a bit of self-discipline with alcohol but, in my memory, the nights I got the goo seem to be the times when I ended up doing the strangest things I've ever done.

Am I alone in this opinion? What's the worst thing you have ever done on those "only 1 or 2" nights that ended up really nasty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

MOAR BEER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I once got two in the goo.........got one in her poo the same night......EPIC

http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/shocker-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My mind immediately went to the gutter after seeing the thread title

I need to go have a good auld pray, excuse me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

phasers wrote: »
    My mind immediately went to the gutter after seeing the thread title

I need to go have a good auld pray, excuse me

I hope Allah hears you ya durty sinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I got the goo with some colleagues after a work meeting last week and woke up the next day covered with teeth marks from various employees! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

MizzLolly wrote: »
    ....woke up the next day covered with teeth marks from various employees! :D

60's style GOO! Congrats! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I get the goo, usually at the most unreasonable times, give in to the goo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Ah yes, I know what the OP is talking about. One such incident started with two pints and ended with me rolling down the road on an office chair wearing a lab coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I once got two in the goo.........got one in her poo the same night......EPIC

http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/shocker-2.jpg

You're wasting a finger that could be put to good use there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You're wasting a finger that could be put to good use there.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/Kamikaze_777/vulcan.gif

I knew that's what it really meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I always drink with the mentality and hope that it turns into a sesh. My life is all about the goo . . . the gootch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I got the goo last week when my neighbour wanted to split a 12 pack. By the end he told me to just take 2 more cans and go home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The goo? That is some stupid name. I never got that cos I never plan to only have one or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Bastard. I've just this minute finished my six-pack and am staring forlornly at the tenner that I knew now I'd feel better for not spending, getting twelve. I know morality has won but it seems a very pyhhric victory.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

On a completely different note... Anyone else notice the artwork for the Vodafone Mission Red logo looks remarkably like the new redtube logo?

Maybe theres a connection...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

On a completely different note... Anyone else notice the artwork for the Vodafone Mission Red logo looks remarkably like the new redtube logo?

Maybe theres a connection...

Yeh I noticed that, very strange....y'wouldn't have a spare can wouldya?

Advertisement