Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3342 freezes computer

Options
  • 22-08-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry if this has come up before but could not find anything.

When using Netopia broadband this now keeps freezing. Even trying the command control + alt + delete does not work. I have to switch off the computer through it's on/off switch and then on again before I can use the computer. This only happens when using Netopia.

Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Verso wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry if this has come up before but could not find anything.

When using Netopia broadband this now keeps freezing. Even trying the command control + alt + delete does not work. I have to switch off the computer through it's on/off switch and then on again before I can use the computer. This only happens when using Netopia.

Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

Could you tell us as much as possible about your set up please? Have you tried uninstalling the Netopia and reinstalling it? Check for the latest driver also.

When did this problem start? did it coincide with installing any other equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Verso

dub45 wrote: »
    Could you tell us as much as possible about your set up please? Have you tried uninstalling the Netopia and reinstalling it? Check for the latest driver also.

When did this problem start? did it coincide with installing any other equipment?

Thanks for reply dub45. My system is Windows XP with any necessary updates. I have not installed any new hardware or software except to update from Internet Explorer 7 to 8. I did reinstall Explorer 8 but this did not solve anything.

I may have to try reinstalling Netopia although this can be fiddely on my system.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Verso wrote: »
    Thanks for reply dub45. My system is Windows XP with any necessary updates. I have not installed any new hardware or software except to update from Internet Explorer 7 to 8. I did reinstall Explorer 8 but this did not solve anything.

I may have to try reinstalling Netopia although this can be fiddely on my system.

Why is it fiddly? Did you try uninstalling the driver completely and then doing a reinstall?

In the longer run you will probably get better peformance from an ethernet router as a usb one uses system resources.

Advertisement