Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Quest (again) - Galway Post Sorting Office

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Now, time to play with my new gadget.

Well man we've all come this far! Don't keep me/us in suspense any longer !
    What bloody was it you got?!?

I guess....mmmm...some kind of ipod device.

No.. no. Already have an iPod Touch. If it weren't for it, I surely would have been driven demented on the walk. If you all must know, it was a new phone I had bought on adverts. It's so much fun to play with. So many customizable doodads! Somewhat anti-climatic I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yeah, I was surprised at first when I realise where it was.
    So long as you go the next day with your slip of paper and ID you'll generally have no hassle.
    In the past while I've had bulky packages delivered to work to avoid the hassle of going out there.

I suppose the thinking behind putting it out there instead of in town was:
    1. They have access to a far bigger building than they could have had in the city center, with better parking for both staff and customers who chose to drive.
    2. Its cheaper rents and it is far more accessible to those with cars than if it were in town.

I suppose they dont drop off packages at your local PO is because a lot of those guys delivering dont actually work from these PO's, nor is any major sorting done there anymore.
    They could open on a saturday and ONE of the parkmore buses COULD surely go by there when it is going in at least one direction but the volume of people going there probably wouldnt warrant it.
    Glad to hear you got the package though and I do believe there are plenty nice people around town who can help out without asking, hell there was even on on this thread from an early stage.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

kippy wrote: »
    2. Its cheaper rents and it is far more accessible to those with cars than if it were in town.

I suppose they dont drop off packages at your local PO is because a lot of those guys delivering dont actually work from these PO's, nor is any major sorting done there anymore.

I wasn't necessarily thinking the postperson drop it off in local PO...
    I think the suggestion, well at least what I was thinking was to have it REdelivered to local PO..so you could ring up and say "please redeliver to Eglington ST PO tomorrow/next day". Then you can pop in on lunch to get it or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

It's so much fun to play with. So many customizable doodads! Somewhat anti-climatic I suppose.

Ah come on! What type?! :pac: :D;)

• Advertisement

Samsung SGH-U900 Soul. It's a lot of fun.

Advertisement