Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions please

• 23-08-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Nipper got a Sony Ericsson phone at Christmas on Metoer Network €129.
    Doesn't use it that much for calls and missed out on all the free credit available at the time for 6 months.
    Texts are costing him 12c on Meteor, 3 are 3c.
    He's on pre pay and has only spent about €30 since Christmas and wants to change to 3 for the cheaper texts, what can I/he do to change the supplier from Meteor to 3?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Go into any 3 store for starters. He'll be able to keep his number and switch to three. He may have to get a new 3 phone though. I imagine his meteor phone is locked to the meteor network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

What model Sony Ericsson is it? The 3 mobile network will only work with a 3G capable phone.

As mentioned, there's a 99.9% chance the phone is locked to meteor. You need to spend about €130 in top-ups with meteor before they will supply you with the unlocking code for your handset. There are a few unlocking shops that will do this for you though, for a fee.

I think the 3c text promotion is now gone. According to the website, it's now 5c text, and this is listed as a promotional price only so may well change in the near future.

Vodafone on the other hand will give you €10 extra per month, for 10 months when you top up €20 each month, when you carry (or "port") your Meteor number onto them. €20 top up give you free any network texts for 30 days. So you could, for example, top up €20 which gives you free texts for 30 days, then at the end of the 30 days, use your €20 (now €30 incl. free credit) to buy a 400 text text bundle for €20 (5c/text) which has no set expiry date. Then when your text bundle runs out, top up €20 again and start over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭RobD_

judging by the last post i'd say i'd be cheaper to just get the phone unlocked another way, like the place in liffey valley.

but check with 3, you never know but then again it does have to be 3G :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Texts are costing him 12c on Meteor, 3 are 3c.quote]

It costs 12c if he sends full texts (160 charactars), for short texts like 40 charatacts could only cost 6cent. Also, on www.mymeteor.ie he can send 300 free web texts p/m (no topup required!). He can also use the fourm www.fourms.meteor.ie/ and be the king of phones their!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Texts are costing He can also use the fourm www.fourms.meteor.ie/ and be the king of phones their!

And that link is wrong too http://forums.meteor.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

geeeesss...:(:(

i appolies about the incorrect information on textin...:(:mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement