Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fridge only works when plugged into mains.

• 23-08-2009 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Have a fridge that can work on gas and battery but neither seems to work..what could be wrong..the fridge only works when plugged into the mains.Any help/ideas..where can I get it fixed too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

what make is it? Has it manual or automatic Ignition? When was the Gas end last serviced? On the 12v , could be anything from a blown fuse to a blown Heating element . The 12v and Mains use separate elements . Has it a Red On off switch beside a Green one for the mains? The red switches are notorious for burning their contacts .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cottage

hi
    Dont know when it was last serviced for the gas end....only bought the camper 2nd hand last month and still getting to grips with the various different elements. Its an electrolux fridge and front panel looks like picture enclosed. when trying to start the gas there is no sound of gas or of any click when the ignite button is pressed...would it be a case that if there is something wrong with the 12v supply, that the ignitor wont light?or would it be battery operated? Dont know much about these things do any help is appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

You won't hear the gas coming thru tbh . Are you rapidly punching the ignitor (far left) button? They are known as Piezo Electric . They sometimes fail . The 12v supply has nothing to do with the Ignitor , on that fridge .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

emmm ...on gas, are you sure the gas bottle is open and so is the stop cock?

would the ignitor be battery operated in that case? the gas is connected and cooker/hob is working fine. the valve for the fridge is in same position as that for the cooker so i assume its open. have tried igniting it by pressing the button once...should i be trying it rapidly?
    thanks again for any input

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yes, press rapidly. It's piezo electric, like on a lighter ...one press, one spark.

You might also have to push in the gas knob while doing so.

tried lighting it there but no joy....i assume i would hear it if it ignigted? there is no sound at all. Between that and the fact it doesnt seem to run off 12v I might be better getting someone who knows what they are at to have a proper look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

The ignition is the same type as some cigarette lighters that make an electric spark it's called a peizo electric crystal, set the gas on max and keep the gas knob pressed in there keep pressing the ignite button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Remove the vent from outside the van, get someone to try igniting the fridge and see if theres a spark/ignition of pilot light. Don't do it in bright sunlight, dusk is best.

Advertisement