Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any specials on Irish whiskies ?

Options
  • 23-08-2009 5:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Is anywhere doing any deals on any Irish whiskies at the mo ? I know some places have a few bob off once in a blue moon. Not looking at anything fancier than Powers or whatever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Off licence beside the Ashleaf in Crumlin here in Dublin has Tullamore Dew for €21 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The Kingdom of Spain.
    has Jameson Special Reserve 12yo for 12 euros
    and ordinary Jemmie for 8 or 9.

Have to look harder to find Powers or Tullamore Dew but they have them there too.

These aren't the types of specials you wanted though.....I'm guessing...

For €12 I'd buy two bottles of that 12 year special reserve. :(

Powers is usually only sold in Ireland . Apparently they only make just enough for the Irish market and whatever little is left over is shipped abroad but Jameson's the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Is anywhere doing any deals on any Irish whiskies at the mo ? I know some places have a few bob off once in a blue moon. Not looking at anything fancier than Powers or whatever.

O'Brien's often have specials on the 12-year-olds, like the Powers 12 and the Jameson 12. Also, Tesco might have 10% off their irish whiskey every now and again, sometimes 20%.

I missed out on the special offer on the 12year Powers there at the start of summer :(

Jaysis, i was in Musgraves today and the price of whiskey (and indeed other spirits) is more or less the same as in the shops/offlicences/supermarkets once you add the vat on (Musgrave's price displays don't include VAT). Some of the prices were actually dearer with the VAT on top than what you'd pay for .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Fine Wines in Rialto were doing Tullamore Dew for €19.99. They were last week anyway! Think they have a shop on the Malahide Road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

My Local londis has Blackbush for 27.99 which is an excellent price. 1euro more than the regular price for Jameson and a far superior dram (in my opinion of course)

Supervalue are also good at doing deals and regularly have 10% off.

C'mon , is €28 really a good price ? That's how much it is in most places I thought.

And yeah, I got a bottle of Havana Club 3 year old in SuperValue for €21. Superquinn had the same offer previously. No deals in Musgraves though, feckers. Dunnes had the Bushmills 10 yr single malt on special a while ago at about €33. Missed out on that one too.

C'mon , is €28 really a good price ? That's how much it is in most places I thought.

Blackbush was around 28Euro mark when Jameson Paddy Powers were around 24Euro however all whiskey has gone up in the past year and .

Jameson has a RRP of 26.99 Powers 25.99 & Paddy 24.99

Blackbush has an RRP of 29.99

And it is well worth it in comparison to the others

And it's well worth it in comparison to the others.

Unless they have reduced it again in general I thought it was usually around the 30Euro mark & I've seen it at 32Euro in some places.

I could've sworn that I saw Black Bush in Spar for 28. I had a look actually on Sainburys and it's not even any cheaper there :( Was thinking of picking one up in Newry if it had've been cheaper.

• Advertisement

Powers Gold Label is 20quid in Dunnes until Sunday.

Tullamore Dew is €20 and Bushmills Original is €24 in Dunnes
    Powers Gold Label is €23.50

If only it was the Black Bush on special :(

Seems to be a long special on Tullamore ... 19.99 now for a few weeks.

I think it's about time that they started doing proper deals on Whisky.

Long may it last.

Long may it last.
    Yep, Mac Liquor Store and Fine Wines shops in Limerick have had Tullamore Dew at E19.99 for over 2 months now. Unusual to see offers like these last so long.

Long may it last.
    Yep, both Macs Liquor Store and Fine Wines shops in Limerick have had Tullamore Dew at E19.99 for over 2 months now. Unusual to see offers like these last so long.

Theres €5 off Tullamore Dew in dunnes at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Upsets me to see these prices when I purchased a litre of Jameson for less than £22 last weekend in Newry. What's very strange is that you can purchase Bushmills cheaper in a Northern Ireland supermarket than you can in Bushmills Distillery.

Favorite place to purchase whiskey is at the old Kilbeggan distillery- Lockes 8 year old Single Malt is a great treat towards Christmas- a bit more expensive than than Powers/Jami but worth the extra few quid- should be able to get it in a lot of supermarkets (but not all) - they usually give you a bit of a taste also so find yourself a designated driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Middleton was £80 in the whiskey shop in Stansted on Tuesday

Redbreast is €32 in O'Briens. The "usuals" are a score each and Powers/Jameson 12yr have a three quid off of them. Supervalu also have Powers, Bushmills and Tullamore Dew on special @ 20quid.

Midleton is €135 in dunnes at the moment. Probably reduced everywhere else as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Powers is €20 in Dunnes at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

They're selling the new Jameson Signature Reserve at Dusseldorf airport for €25 - very nice it is too

Dunnes is doing specials on the whiskeys again ... or rather they're STILL doing specials.

€8 off the powers - €18 for 700mls. There's a few quid off of Paddys, Bushmills and Black Bush. Shamelessly there's either nothing off of the Jameson I don't think. I was in the Dunnes on Henry St and they had a big display with PAddys and Jameson in gift boxes.

I think they'd a few bob off of the Kilbeggan. Wish more of their whiskeys would get promoted. Glasgow airport - two bottles of Tyconnell Single Malt for £30 :(

Dunnes is doing specials on the whiskeys again ... or rather they're STILL doing specials.

€8 off the powers - €18 for 700mls. There's a few quid off of Paddys, Bushmills and Black Bush. Shamelessly there's either nothing off of the Jameson I don't think. I was in the Dunnes on Henry St and they had a big display with PAddys and Jameson in gift boxes.

I think they'd a few bob off of the Kilbeggan. Wish more of their whiskeys would get promoted. Glasgow airport - two bottles of Tyconnell Single Malt for £30 :(

The paddy's offer is over, our IDL rep told me that they have none left in the warehouse in midleton!, but jameson will be on soon offer soon enough I'd say. Jameson 18 YO is worth buying in dunnes at €100 at the moment if they have any left. I think they have delisted it, so I 'll be getting a bottle before they run out :D

The paddy's offer is over, our IDL rep told me that they have none left in the warehouse in midleton!, but jameson will be on soon offer soon enough I'd say. Jameson 18 YO is worth buying in dunnes at €100 at the moment if they have any left. I think they have delisted it, so I 'll be getting a bottle before they run out :D
    I literally saw it on special yesterday. Is it over today then?

Jameson 18 YO is worth buying in dunnes at €100 at the moment if they have any left. I think they have delisted it, so I 'll be getting a bottle before they run out :D

WHen you say delisted ... is it Dunnes or are IDL dropping it.

Can you get a clarification on that please

Would of thought this very strange as they have just produced a lovely balance line up. However fro 125EUro in Ireland it is a Joke. Can be got for half the price in places like Germany and Holland :mad:

It was a mistake on dunnes part, it was temporarily off their stockcards which meant it couldn't be ordered. It's back on again so no worries!

I read on the whiskey society forum (I think) that the brand is up for sale. Not sure how accurate that is.

Would of thought this very strange as they have just produced a lovely balance line up. However fro 125EUro in Ireland it is a Joke. Can be got for half the price in places like Germany and Holland :mad:

Feck that, you can get it cheaper in Northern Ireland! It's a crime that Irish whiskey is most expensive in Ireland cheapest just about everywhere else. There's never really deals or offers on spirits here with the exception of at Xmas or the odd 20cent off of a bottle of vodka
    Brockagh wrote: »
    I read on the whiskey society forum (I think) that the brand is up for sale. Not sure how accurate that is.

What brand? Jameson :confused:
    Got a link to the forum?

• Advertisement

Feck that, you can get it cheaper in Northern Ireland! It's a crime that Irish whiskey is most expensive in Ireland cheapest just about everywhere else. There's never really deals or offers on spirits here with the exception of at Xmas or the odd 20cent off of a bottle of vodka

What brand? Jameson :confused:
    Got a link to the forum?

Paddy. This could be completely wide of the mark, though.

Look at www.irishwhiskeysociety.com.

Advertisement